Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rude's Ultimate Build....

64K views 329 replies 87 participants last post by  Rudel 
#1 · (Edited)
NEVER had a real build thread on this forum....I want to take you on a summerized history before we get down with the build....

2004-05 The Early Years:

After my tour in Iraq, I was quick to jump on this SVT. It wasn't long before I added a cold air intake. The sound of the air being sucked in was real nice. I few months later I joined FocusFanatics and Fj online communities, to learn more about my car.

One of the popular mods for the SVT was replacing the R13 relay with a jumper wire so that you did not have to turn on the head-lights when you want to use the fog-lights. Replacing the fog-light bulbs with Hoen H10s made out nice. An order all the way from France was Morette's tail lights. I didn't like the OEM lights as it messed up the roof-line flow for me...

Click on the pictures to see the larger ones.

See less See more
#65 ·
Good to see the build is going well man. I have a friend who is a paraplegic due to a job site accident. He is a big Honda fan and did a similar tranny and hand control swap on his 92 Civic hatch. His biggest issue was getting in and out of the racing seats. His solution, he adapted and installed a swivel seat mechanism to the seat. I just gave him a call as I thought it may make your life easier. The exact bracket that he used is a Garelick 75090. It allows the seat to swivel, lock in place and slide forward and backward. It's made for a boat. He had to do a some fabrication to make it work, but it works well.

Reactions: jmiller_1974
#67 ·
Good to see the build is going well man. I have a friend who is a paraplegic due to a job site accident. He is a big Honda fan and did a similar tranny and hand control swap on his 92 Civic hatch. His biggest issue was getting in and out of the racing seats. His solution, he adapted and installed a swivel seat mechanism to the seat. I just gave him a call as I thought it may make your life easier. The exact bracket that he used is a Garelick 75090. It allows the seat to swivel, lock in place and slide forward and backward. It's made for a boat. He had to do a some fabrication to make it work, but it works well.
Wow, that's cool. Transfering will be hard. Thanks for the information. I will definately check it out. [cheers]

#69 ·
Wow! love seeing all the parts together. Your engine is actually going to look alot like mine! Who built that intercooler for you and what are the specs on it? It looks like something that would work great at the track [thumb]

#72 ·
Wow! love seeing all the parts together. Your engine is actually going to look alot like mine! Who built that intercooler for you and what are the specs on it? It looks like something that would work great at the track [thumb]
This kit is Jared's old setup. Top-Speed made it. The intercooler is 3.5" thick and in/out openings. Thing is big. Pray I dont hit a wall going down the 1/4. [?|]

so many gorgeous parts! put it together already
You know it! Waiting on Jim's epoxy floor to cure. I think by the end of the month it will be started [:)]

That seat idea would be an awesome idea for a small business, I'd patent that... After mike uses it of course lol
Split 50/50 and patent together. [grinking]

#77 ·
#86 ·
Someone from Tampa, not me, bought them already. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Got a flex plate and bolts though. Tomorrow the Lentech should be in.

#92 ·
So far this week, Jim is on a roll. The old turbo kit, 6-Speed mission/T-2, and old gauges are out. The new Lentech mission would be in already, but we hit a few bumps with missing atx parts; it should be under way come Monday.

The new gauges are in, including the RS replica cluster. A crack was found in the new turbo manifold; most likely it was damaged in shipping. It will be fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.