Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#556 ·
Little update, while car is down sent the wheels to straighten them out and paint. New rubber is going to be 245/40/18

Also have SVT bumpers, front is going with a splitter Chaz made.

The rear is going to have a weight reduction, getting rid of the quads and run the SAP diffuser that got from Steve @ Tousley.

#558 ·
Think I was the only one that like the other :)
Splitter and SAP are going to look nice, pulling the fenders as much as I can too, will try to cover the 245/40's

#561 ·
Even for tuning, Fernando had a hard time with AF's and the quads since it was a PITA yo get real readings, left it always on the safe side (rich), remember him saying "that THING doesn't help" LOL
Sean you are one of the few!

#569 ·
Bit stiffer then OEM, really friendly. Idle issues that I had was a factor in shortening it's life.
Decided to install the 12mm head studs I have, was not going to but Fernando talked me into, so is going to be a little longer than anticipated.

#578 ·
It's been a while (8 months) and one thing after the other but is finally coming along. After 14,000mi needed a new rack and a new clutch. When the SVT lower plastic piece was installed, my buddy noticed the rubber pieces fitted inside the runners, port job was hacked and didn't notice it before since the FRIM matched the head, so went with a SVT head with angle valve job and shaved .040

#584 ·
There is a ball inside the pump that acts as a check valve, if it's out of position pump won't get enough fluid to pressurize. Happened on my last remanufactured pump, got a new oem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.