Bit of a read, and a how-too if you all are interested. Not too in depth, but i still have the other headlight to do today, so ill try to get more shots of the process.
I picked up a set of these headlights about a month ago, and hooked them up after my attempt at making my own bi-xenon headlights failed. The output on these is pretty horrid, even aimed correctly, the light didnt throw much past 30' in front of the car.
So, finally getting the right parts in from Theretrofitsource.com, i set to making some changes.
Step 1: remove headlight and prepare for retrofit
Step 2: Heat in oven, and pop off headlight lens.
Step 3: Remove old projector revealing mounting spot for new HID projector.
This is where i stopped taking pictures, but in effect, i pulled out the halogen projector, and replaced it with the bi-xenon projector.. I had to drill new holes, but it didnt take much work to make them fit.
EXTRA BONUS: I took the halogen reflector, and cut out the cut-off plate. I then took out the reflector high-beam bit, and replaced it with the open halogen projector. Now, with simple lowbeams, the bi-xenons throw great output, but when i throw the high beams on, the bi-xenons pull out their cutoff plate, and the halogen projectors come on as well. The output from one light alone is stunning.
A few other mods i did while i was at it was to disable the two leds between the halos on the housing itself. Not only did it darken the front end of the car, it made the halos look that much meaner.
End result: (night pix coming soon)
More Pics to come as i do the other!