Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What is your favorite tire brand?

132K views 397 replies 331 participants last post by  Fazerdude 
#1 ·
What is your favorite tire brand?

#103 ·
I have Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S on my stock 16" wheels and I really like them. I had them installed a couple months ago and have put about 5000 miles on them so far. The Pirelli's are much better than the stock Firestone Firehawks they replaced. The P Zero Nero's handled the snowy roads while driving through the mountains in Colorado with out a problem and their dry road performance is far superior to the Firehawks.
I would recommend the Pirelli P Zero Nero's to anyone looking for tires that have very good dry performance as well as outstanding wet and snow performance. The ratings for this tire shown on the Tire Racks website is dead on accurate.

#104 ·
I have had Toyo proxies and Fuzion ZRi's on my last car, i like both, but i really didn't like the way the fuzions fit on my rim, they were not flush to the rim like the proxies. and now i am looking for some tires for my new rims, any suggestions? i was thinking BF Goodrich G force,i think they are called. either them or go back to fuzion.

#107 ·
I had the Firestone Firehawks that came stock on my car and I would give them a big thumbs down.

I just recently got some BFGoodrich g-Force Sport 205/50ZR16's and WOW! The ride is a lot smoother and the car really sticks to the road. At $74 a piece on TireRack (with some great reviews to boot) I recommend them[thumb]

#113 ·
When you are all buying these tires are you getting the top of the line road hazard warranty? The reason I ask is for the sake of those who have not bought new tires yet. Just today I learned that my brand new (a few months old) Pzero Nero M/S which were $143 a piece had a big ass nail that went in the top of the tire and is sticking out the sidewall, since they can not patch this I get a free tire. The good road hazard warranty costs between $20 to $30 per tire but one patch job runs $24 so it pays for it self after awhile. In my case I more than tripled my money back from the money I spent on road hazard.

#120 ·
At $140 a tire when you figure $25 dollars a tire for road hazard which comes up to $100 for all four. I had to have one replaced due to a nail sticking in the sidewall so since it could not be patched it was free. With $140 plus tax I'm looking at around $145 per tire so I came out $45 ahead already and the road hazard I have is good for the life of the tire. Free tire rotation, free flat/patch repair and free balanceing for as long as I have the tire's, you can't beat that.

#122 ·
OK, try not to laugh at me too hard... I run Cooper SLE 205 60 15's. It's a great highway tire and does very well on dirt as well.
They run about $65 a piece and last me about 20-25k. After the 2005 runs it's RSA's flat we will replace them with SLE's as well, permitting Cooper still makes them.

Adk

#123 ·
Toyos all the way. Proxes 4 Price right even in an 18in size and treadwear that is decent out of a highperformance all season tire.

#125 ·
the o.e. goodyear integrity tires are just terrible in the snow,ok on dry traction. im running on the temporary tire right now cause the pinsized hole in the tire cant be plugged and the sidewwall is friking soft as hell. I'll probably get getting 2 kumho touring tires heared they're great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.