Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The 2012 Window Tint Thread

395K views 924 replies 326 participants last post by  Tiger-Heli 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see 'em! [headbang]

#385 ·
That does not sound like a bad price for retail pricing. I think you will be happy with it.

One thing to always consider is that factory glass is almost always tinted. So when you add window film on top of already tinted glass it will allow even less visible light to pass through. Example: The VLT (Visible Light Transmitted) of Charcool 20 is actually 17%. Let's say the factory glass is tinted at 15% (85% VLT). Take .17 x .85 and you now have a VLT of approx. 14%. This can make some legal tint actually meter illegal because they did not take the factory tint into consideration.

#403 ·
Got mine done yesterday. 30% Llumar CTX all around. Due to the solar tinting on the windows from the factory it came out to being 27% according to the little reader thingy (which is exactly the max allowable for cars here). Wound up costing $263, which I don't think is too terrible. The guy who did it did a really nice job (although he was about 10 minutes late getting back from lunch which is when he said he was going to start working on it. Not a huge deal. He still finished almost exactly when he said he would and they had a pretty decent waiting room)

#410 ·
Gotcha... so they put the Base Model Bezels on the Ti. and standard black on the base models? WTH are they doing here lol[scratch]

#412 ·
Finally got my tint done, now it's in the shop getting the razor cut on the window molding and the scratches on BOTH quarter panels repaired.
Thanks Robs Touch of Class.

#417 · (Edited)
Picked up my SE, sport, 5 speed today. 2 hours later I was having it tinted. Never owned any car without tint, I feel naked without it.

This is Lumar 15%, which the shop told me matches most other brands at 20% which is what I wanted. Lifetime warranty.

GREAT shop to do business with in Glen Burnie, MD for anyone who wants tint. Im not affiliated with em, I have had 3 cars done at very reasonable prices. TINT INC, on Crain Highway.

Cell pics!

#430 ·
Looks more like 35% since the dealer did it, they should be on the legal side.

#431 ·
Most dealers or places that keep things legal only will advise towards 50%. Why? Most cars have a slight tint in the window and adding a legal 35% + the OEM tint would make it illegal. Too dark.

Look around more closely at factory cars. Most have the rears tinted now a days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.