Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2006 Ford Focus Problems

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DEMENTED SVTF 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my wifes 2006 Focus had a hit and run the other day and now we are having problems with it. It just got backed into and just made a small dent in the trunk(though person who saw it happen said it was enough force to move the vehicle)

On the way driving home it died, and I managed to limp it home. First thought it was bad gas, so siphoned gas out and tried pure gas(no ethanol) that didnt work. Also replaced fuel filter, and I can hear the fuel pump come on so i think that is ok.

I can start the car and it will idle for a few seconds and die, and I can consistently do that, it doesnt do it once and then not start again. I can also start it and pedal the gas a little, have it reved up to 3000 rpms and it will run like that for maybe 15 seconds and then it tries to stall out.

My dad drove it and had the check engine light come on and got a P2195 and P2196 code to show, but after resetting it the light doesnt come back on.

I don't know where to go from here, not sure if I need to be replacing o2 sensors, and don't want to invest in them if thats not the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help
Todd

See less See more
#6 ·
Usually it takes a couple cycles for the code to show back up. Hope yours stays off. I went to get parts for mine today. Took it to get it diagnosed and it took the guy 2min. to locate a vacuum leak on the back of the motor behind/below the throttlebody. I gotta fine those at the dealer tomorrow and hopefully i can have it purring once again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.