Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#1,881 ·
Hi Ira,

What current special offers and or rebates and incentives are currently available for the 2013 ST? I see nothing on the website for the 2014's. I am in Minnesota 55303.

Which of these are compatible with the A Plan? I thought some were and some were not able to be combined with the A Plan.

Already I'm having issues locating the right color 2013 ST on a dealer lot near me, how easy is it for the dealership to look outside the state and have one traded or driven here?

Thanks.

#1,882 ·
Your zip with a plan has following:
$2,000 customer cash
Or
$1,500 and 0% for 60 months
Or
$2,500 and standard financing.

It's pretty easy to find exactly what you want, let me know if they won't help I can see.

#1,884 ·
I'm currently looking into getting an Focus Titanium (auto, sedan), and I have a few questions.

What's the invoice on them in my area (MN, 55112)?
What do I get with a '14 vs a '13? How much is the price difference?

Also, what rebates/incentives are currently going on in my area? I know I can get the $500 student rebate for graduating in May.

#1,886 ·
Hello i'm in zip code 38655 (Oxford, MS). I'm trying to get a 2014 fully loaded Focus HB titanium SE in Performance Blue color. Looking for everything included.

Navigation
Moonroof
Titanium handling package
Full body kit (Zetec S Kit)
Park Assist (not a necessity)
Sony Audio w/SYNC w/MyFord Touch and Navigation

Can I get a price breakdown and an approximation of how long it would take to get to my local dealership [BelkFord] (Can go down to Memphis or other surrounding areas too).

#1,890 ·
Here's what I want:
SE 5-door (P3K)
Blue Candy (Z9)
Cloth Sport Bucket (N)
Charcoal black (N)
Equip group 200A
6-A trans (44W)
Winter Pkg (47W)
SE Sport pkg (67T)
Cargo mgmt pkg (20M)
power moonroof (43M)
exterior protection pkg (90C)
cargo area prot pkg (96B)
Not on my original list but also the remote start option.
Thanks - Bill

#1,894 · (Edited)
I'm eyeing the last 2013 Focus ST with 202a package and sunroof at a particular dealership which offers discounts if you're a member of BJ's.

The car's MSRP on the site is $29,335. They've told me that with the BJ's discount, it's $28,400. So after the $2,000 in rebates, it would seem that we're now looking at $26,400. According to Edmunds, the invoice on this car is $27,653, so on the surface it would seem I was getting the car for WELL below invoice.

1. If that's the case, I couldn't imagine the dealership would be willing to lose money on the car, especially over $1,000. Am I missing something?

2. If I want this dealership to get me another ST off another dealer's lot 46 miles away from dealer #1 (different color choice), what would a reasonable amount of money be to pay in transfer fees? Or, should I just forget the BJ's discount and haggle with the farther dealer instead?

3. Also, the $2k in rebates ends this month. I would LOVE to get the car by the end of the month, but if I don't, is it most likely that the rebates will get better next month, or go away altogether? They will be a deal break for me, unfortunately.

#1,898 ·
There is no yellow available on the regular 2013 Focus, only the Tangerine Scream on the ST. Yellow Blaze Tricoat Metallic was only available in 2012, same with Kona Blue (only part of the model year even), Frosted Glass, and several other one year only paint colors).

#1,900 ·
What would a Ford sales person do?

I was sold a new Ford Focus 2012 SE by a Ford dealership with two unaddressed recalls : FSA Recall 12B37 and FSA Recall 12S29C.

I'm in Canada so the US federal law that prevents the sale of new vehicles with unaddressed safety recalls does not apply. As far as I can tell, there isn't a similar law in Canada.

Ford Canada has opened a complaint with the dealership but after most of a month, I've heard nothing from them about this.

To say the least: I'm pissed off. The car is full of defects, TSBs, recalls. I'm constantly at (another dealership). And the original dealership couldn't be bothered to fix a safety recall.

What should I do regarding the unresponsive dealership? Complaint through BBB? Ideally, I'd like them to give me back my $ and they take the keys and ownership.

#1,901 ·
Hi,

I was thinking of going for a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium only because I heard there was some decent incentives going on. I live near Franklin TN and the zip is 37179. One of the sales guys told me they are doing $3500 off the Focus sticker price, but he didnt seem too sure.

I know its December and sometimes you can come across some great deals. According to a few websites it looks like the average buyer is getting the Titanium edition for around $20k. Can I combine that with a friends and family discount? Is there anyway to get them to sell for under 20k?

Thanks!

#1,906 ·
Hello Ira,
I'm looking for what price to pay on the following:

2014 SE Hatch
Automatic
Winter Package
Black or White paint
Power code remote start (I think this is dealer installed?)
Black interior (Standard?)

My area code is 48359- anywhere in Metro Detroit is doable for me.
I've never bought a new Ford before
I have excellent credit

Truecar.com has a guaranteed price of $18,051....not sure how good this is as far as the "bottom line" is concerned.

Thanks in advance!
David

#1,907 · (Edited)
Hi Ira,
Live in Michigan, zip 48038. Working with a dealer who has 3 2013 focus se's, 5 speed manual transmissions on the lot.

1 is tuxedo black with :
arctic white leather package
moonroof
201a package
myfordtouch/sony/nav package
17" alloy black machined wheels
reverse sensing
winter package
msrp 26,230

the other 2 cars are white oxford with:
arctic white leather package
moonroof
201a package
myfordtouch/sony/nav package
se appearance black package
reverse sensing
winter package
msrp 26,530

all 3 cars have following rebates available:

$1500 Retail Customer Cash and $1500 Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash and $1000 Retail Bonus Customer Cash and $500 Focus Manual Transmission Bonus Customer Cash
or
$1500 Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash and $1000 Retail Bonus Customer Cash and $500 Focus Manual Transmission Bonus Customer Cash and 0.0% APR for 48 months

I have out the door quote of approx. $22,084.22 on the black car after incentives have been applied. I know that i have to go thru ford financing to quality for some of the rebates. The white car will be little more and I am leaning more towards the white.

I not sure why the cars have been on the lot for this long but believe is due to
the arctic white package and manual transmission options (tougher to lease or sell)

With all this said and not knowing what the dealer has invested in the cars and how they are able to further clearance them, is it possible to negotiate additional 1,000 to 1,500 off the price i have been quoted?
thanks....
Attila

Feb 15, 2014 update:

I purchased one of the white focus cars I listed above and was able to negotiate additional $500 off plus dealer matched premium ESP of 7/100k 50 deduct extended warranty price from another Ford dealer. Total (including extended warranty) was 23,027.99 out the door.

#1,909 ·
Sweet, thanks!

Do you happen to know anything about "auto show coupons" that Ford gives out?

I've heard stories of people only receiving $50 test drive vouchers to others getting $1000 off on their car (although some cars are restricted... $1000 off on a Fusion is what I was told).

#1,913 ·
Hi!

I have seen a few people post about Fusions, and since this forum is a lot more active then the Fusion ones I found, I'll post here also :)

Zip Code: 95123
I am planning on having:

Driver Asisst Package
Active Park Assist
Adaptive Cruise Control
Heated Steering Wheel
Nav
Butt Chillers
All-Weather Mats
Most likely one of the Grey exterior colors
Ceramic colored interior (grey)

Pricing from dealer:
MSRP: $41,840
Sale price: $38,650 (without incentives)
Subtractions:
$500 Ford Cash
$750 Private Cash (I requested the catalog last week, how long will it take before my offer should show in the system?)
$1,500 CA rebate
$4,007 Federal rebate

Total: $31,893+$80 doc fee+taxes+registration if I did my math correct?

A few questions:

1. Is that price good? It seems to be really good to me
2. How likely is it based on the rate that these rebates are being claimed that it will still be available at car pickup time?
3. How long will it take from ordering to delivery?
5. I just noticed browsing around this forum that Friday is the last day to place a 2014 order? It looks like 2015s are accepted as of Monday. Does this sound right? I have been unable to find any information on the 2015 model though, which seems odd if they start accepting on Monday

#1,918 ·
Curious... What kind of money off/incentives can I expect to be able to finagle on a leftover 2013 ST? I would anticipate being able to buy for reasonably less than a 2014, but All they're coming out of the gate with is sticker less incentives. I figure since they're going to highball me I'll lowball them the other direction. That said, their approach to negotiating may be WHY they have a leftover 2013 [dunno]

I'm negotiating with $10k cash down + a trade (2007 ZX3, immaculate but high mileage so I figure tops $1500-$2kish)

#1,920 ·
I haven't checked in a few days but ST should still have 0% on 72 months plus some rebate. Offer them invoice minus rebates (or APR incentive if you like/qualify) and everyone will say OK and walk away happy.

Also, to be certain what rebates and incentives apply to you, I would have to have your zipcode.

#1,919 ·
I read somewhere that if you get a Ford Credit rebate and pay off the loan in the first 3 months, the dealer gets screwed out of some portion of his commission. Is this true? I have the cash but I was thinking I might not pay off right away to be a good scout to the dealer. I have since discovered that the dealer cheated me, so I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to fulfill my contractual obligations while placing a burr under their saddle. [deviltail]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.