Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Note to all 2012 owners with MFT
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

Points 496, Level 9
Points: 496, Level: 9 Points: 496, Level: 9 Points: 496, Level: 9
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was on a 7 hour road trip over the weekend with my 2012 Titanium, listening to Satellite Radio, attempted to adjust volume from the steering control, and boom, locked hard. I tried the touch screen and every button that I could think of but it was locked tight with display information (song info, time) all static. The radio did continue to play the sound.

The only control that worked was physical volume dial (which was good because it was in this bizarre cycle of increasing the volume about every 60 seconds on its own.) If the manual volume did not still work, it would have increased until it blew my ears (and speakers) unless I pulled over and turned the car off. Not safe since I was on the Interstate in a construction zone with no shoulder.

When I finally stopped and shut the car off, (and restarted) screen showed a "performing system maintenance" scroll-bar followed by a successful startup.

Does the hard fuse removal do something that shutting the car off does not?

I certainly hope updates stabilize things as this is a big hassle in a otherwise dandy car. No fun when you go to show off the Sync system to friends and its unresponsive (which has happened 3 times.)