Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2011 Autox Video Thread

28K views 136 replies 19 participants last post by  evanmdzx3 
#1 ·
#34 ·
Absolutely GLU. Course walks are your "feeler" runs. First run; flat out, hammer down!

#39 ·
Nice Runs! that course looks fun!

here is a vid from yesterdays event. it's a new venue for us, it's a small road course we found out in the middle of no where. we only ran the north side of the course, the south side is just a big loop.
results: pax 15th out of 57 drivers.

i will upload some other videos later.
check out the clouds! believe it or not, we got some light snow (didn't stick) yeah, May 1st and still getting snow. it wouldn't be surprising if we were in salt lake, but we were pretty far south where it hardly ever gets snow..

as you can see, i left so much time out there. i'm not use to those kind of "road course" corners. i coasted sooooo much around them. i started to figure them out during our "fun runs" unfortunately. oh well, i still had a blast!!

#41 ·
Our runs This past Sunday from Houston's 5th Regional Event.

My car is down and out and I am re-building my engine, so I double drove with member Zab at the track this time. We rolled my RS3s on his ride. ...

And his brother driving the Mitsu.

Izzy's Inside View
Ray's Best
Zab's Best

-Ray-

#46 ·
Thanks, it has a Corsa cat-back exhaust.

Man that M3 Turned real well and quick. Nice run.

-Ray-
Yea I feel like I definitely left some time out there. The car feels much better this season now that I added AST coilovers and Vorshlag camber plates.
you're definitely right about that sound!
inline 6 mmmmmmmmm

i really want an e30 m3...
I would love an E30 M3, but they are pretty pricey at this point. I also have an MR2 Turbo which is a lot of fun for the money.

#51 ·
If I remember correctly the 90s M3 were pretty light.

I am actually looking for a 1989 M3 E30 ... I think those look freaking sweet and are light as well.

-Ray-

#53 ·
Yea the E30 M3's weigh around 2,865lbs whereas the E36 M3 weighs around 3,175lbs so the E30 enjoys a nice 300lb weight advantage. That's what my MR2 Turbo is for though since it weighs around 2,800lbs and probably makes more power than my M3 now...[burnout]

^^Look quickly, the E30 M3's are starting to appreciate in value.
I'm not sure how the market is in your area, but around Cincinnati most clean examples fetch 12K all the way up to 30K. I would love to have one but they are so darn expensive.

ohh i get it now. that's pretty cool.

speaking of BMW's...
the car is a 318is he swapped in an M3 motor, this car is unbelievably well set up, not to mention super light!

Which M3 motor did he swap in the car, S50/S52 that came out of the E36 or the S54 from the E46? I would guess S52 as that seems to be a cheaper/more common swap.

#54 ·
i believe 318is were lighter than the M3s, so this one has an advantage there.

i'm not sure which m3 motor he swapped in there, he's a high roller so i wouldn't discount the e46.
yeah the e30 M3s around here are super super expensive. i'd be just fine with a 328is and run it in DSP.

#55 ·
That's correct, the 318is will enjoy a noticeable weight advantage over an E36 M3. Typically it's in the realm of 150-200lbs lighter, but depends on factory options. If the car has an S54 out of an E46 it will have individual throttle bodies, otherwise it's an S50/S52.

#59 ·
It was just one of those events, that even though it wasn't cold in the morning, I couldn't get myself to trust the grip. I got about 75% there in the afternoon but I still lifted in some spots for no reason. Had I not lifted, 54.xxx would have easily been attainable.

Whenever the wipers go on it usually scares me a split second and I think, "What the hell is wrong with the car now?". Then I just keep driving.

#61 ·
[thumb]^^^

If you get a horn honk or two in there as well, thats when you know you're on the edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.