03-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Urbana, IL
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360
FF Reputation: 12
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15
This is, in my extremely biased opinion, the ONLY reasonable upgrade path for autocrossing an SVT Focus. The only ordering change I would understand is flipping the r-comps and springs. Other than that, if your goals are to be competitive at autocross, I think you are wasting time and money if you do these out of order.
- [HS] stock SVT springs with Koni Yellow adjustable dampers
- [HS] good aggressive alignment: max front negative camber without adjustable plates, minimum possible rear camber, 0" front toe, 1/16" rear toe in
- [ST] even more aggressive alignment: -2.5 front negative camber via adjustable plates
- [ST] 15" wheels (you can stick with R-S3, but in 225/45-15)
- [ST] High-flow catalytic converter
- [ST] Polyurethane sway bar bushings
- [ST] Polyurethane motor mount
- [STX] Torsen T2 differential
- [ST,STX] H&R Race springs, or other springs with similar height and rate
- [FSP] Rcomps, probably Hankook z214 c71 225/45-15
- [FSP] Whatever else you feel like doing under SP rules... cat delete, aluminum flywheel, aftermarket clutch, larger TB, PCV delete, miscellaneous polyurethane bushings, etc...
SCT PRP FTMFW!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.