03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Urbana, IL
What I Drive: 12 SE, 91 DR350S, 74 CL360
FF Reputation: 12
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15
This is, in my extremely biased opinion, the ONLY reasonable upgrade path for autocrossing an SVT Focus. The only ordering change I would understand is flipping the r-comps and springs. Other than that, if your goals are to be competitive at autocross, I think you are wasting time and money if you do these out of order.
- [HS] stock SVT springs with Koni Yellow adjustable dampers
- [HS] good aggressive alignment: max front negative camber without adjustable plates, minimum possible rear camber, 0" front toe, 1/16" rear toe in
- [ST] even more aggressive alignment: -2.5 front negative camber via adjustable plates
- [ST] 15" wheels (you can stick with R-S3, but in 225/45-15)
- [ST] High-flow catalytic converter
- [ST] Polyurethane sway bar bushings
- [ST] Polyurethane motor mount
- [STX] Torsen T2 differential
- [ST,STX] H&R Race springs, or other springs with similar height and rate
- [FSP] Rcomps, probably Hankook z214 c71 225/45-15
- [FSP] Whatever else you feel like doing under SP rules... cat delete, aluminum flywheel, aftermarket clutch, larger TB, PCV delete, miscellaneous polyurethane bushings, etc...
SCT PRP FTMFW!