Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#

501K views 4K replies 393 participants last post by  Johnson17 
#1 ·
I would like people to post here that pre-ordered their 2012 Focus when they get their Vin# from their dealer along with when they placed their order.

It would be nice if the powers that be could put a sticky on this post so it would be easy to look up in this part of the forum. I know it's possible because I own a web site using V Bulletin for Thunderbirds.

Thanks in Advance.

#192 ·
Anyone ordered an se hatch 5 speed with sport package and the optional 17 inch wheels get a VIN yet? I ordered mine on 2/20/11 and havent heard anything yet. If this question has already been addressed, I apologize.
Two of us have.

1. Ordered Feb. 6th - Delivery Expected April 4th
2. Ordered Feb. 8th - Delivery Expected April 18th. - VIN - 1FAHP3K22CL134967 - Not in system yet.

#197 ·
Heads up

Just to give you guys an update... I spoke to the GM of the dealership I preordered (Feb 10) and he spoke to one of his "Ford guys" and he said my particular car was slated for a delivery date around April 10th. I hope that gives people a little perspective.

2012 Ford Focus Blaze Yellow
5dr Hatchback
Titanium

#202 ·
Good lookin build! It's interesting that they're moving ahead with it considering the tuxedo black paint delay from Japan. Either they've got some in, and the supply is no longer interrupted, or they've had some in reserve (maybe cause they're not building any more titaniums until the notorious MFT issue is sorted). Either way, congrats and please post some pics as soon as you get it![thumb]

-B

#199 ·
Hey guys, newb here.

I ordered a Titanium hatch a couple of days ago. With MFT. With the issues concerning MFT, what kind of timeline do you guys think I'm looking at? I live in Philly but ordered from a dealer in Michigan because that's where I'm originally from and I have to be back there in a couple of months for Memorial Day weekend and the following weekend and figured it would be fun to road trip it back with my new vehicle. The dealer does a decent volume sales wise (around 400 cars a month), so I'm hoping their allocation level will benefit me. Any guesstimates? From the sounds of it, I might have been way too optimistic about the delivery date.

#200 ·
No clue, man. It all depends on when the MFT issue is solved. Not sure if you saw, but my dealer confirmed there are no ordered cars with MFT being built until the issue is solved.

So there is no way to guess as we don't know when the issue will be fixed, nor how big of a backlog of MFT vehicles they've got to build before they get to yours.

#203 ·
Order mine feb 3, no Vin yet :(
SEL - Hatch Rapid Spec 301A - Myford Touch -moonroof - Sterling Gray
Sick of driving my busted civic hatch. First fell in love with the Focus in Europe - have been waiting years to get it over here...I guess i can wait until they fix the MFT.
Next up - please bring the diesel over....70+mpg hwy

#205 ·
We all would, but don't expect it to happen. Ford's done a great job in the last few years of keeping problems 'in house' and then fixing them. This does slow down launches, but it also gives better quality out the gate which helps their reputation.

Think about it. It's better for us to whine we want out pre-orders than it is for us and many others to buy their MFT equipped Focus only to have Ford issue a massive recall almost immediately after launch. That's bad PR.

#210 ·
#216 ·
Ok, here's what may sound like a dumb question....

What does the build date actually designate? The day the chassis starts the assembly line or the day it rolls off the line? My Corvette has a build date of 8-6-76. If I am not mistaken that is the day the trim tag was attached to the completed body and car was finished. Obviously I'm comparing apples to oranges but it's just an example....

Also, what is the time frame of the car on the assembly line?

Looks like bossstl's car will be shipped by rail and mine will go by convoy.

#221 ·
#222 ·
Hah that's amazing. But of all features to talk about they note the ABS/power steering/door locks/windows. Like every car currently in production doesn't have those. Why not talk about something cool the car has that makes it notable!

#227 ·
Update!!! I emailed ford corporate to ask about the delay - and ask if they plan on having a diesel any time soon. Apparently they called my dealership and asked them why i haven't been updated. The dealership didn't know much more than us. However, he just called back and said for sent a memo telling the dealers that the MFT problem was fixed and they production of the Focus with MFT will resume April 4th....As always you never know how much truth is there....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.