I am wondering whether it is possible to take out the electric board without removing the DSI clip, cable (air box, battery tray etc) ?
I am thinking about doing the repair without removing the IMRC box completely.
1. I think I can access the IMRC box from below with the car jack up in my garage
2. unscrew the IMRC box (the box will be dangling and hold with a wire like the brake caliper)
3. open the IMRC lid (remove 5 screws)
4. unsolder the circuit board out (while the box is dangling)
5. Take the circuit board out, clean contact on the bench
6. after the contact is clean, solder the board back
7. Install RTV seal,
8. Install screw.
My concern is:
* whether the gears and spring in the IMRC box are held down firmly by internal screws.
* If so, I don't have to worry about finding all the pop out gears on the floor and put them back like a puzzle.
* If they are not held down by hardware, then it is safer to have the whole box removed and work on.
For those who did this and have the box pop opened, Please advice.
Thank a lot !!