Focus Fanatics Forum banner

High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST

806K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  Arty 
#1 ·

Come Visit The Ford ST Team At FocusFest 2011:

Enthusiasts of the much-loved SVT Focus, take heart, and start your engines. Ford will deliver on its promise of a high-performance version of the next-generation Focus, previewing a muscular Focus ST at the Paris Motor Show Sept. 30. Targeted for global launch in 2012, ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global performance vehicles strategy. With its own 2.0-liter EcoBoost™, ST will offer enthusiasts an intoxicating mix of exhilarating performance and handling, not to mention a most addictive sound.

• Exciting new next-generation Ford Focus gears up for Paris launch of full production-ready range of bodystyles together for the first time
  • Global reveal of new high-performance 250 PS Focus ST for 2012 launch
  • New Mondeo and C-MAX ranges on show
  • Ford accelerates efforts to reduce CO2 emissions with high-efficiency Ford ECOnetic Technologies and Electrification feature displays
  • September 30: Alan Mulally and Stephen Odell to unveil the next-generation Focus family at 09.15 on the Ford stand in Hall 1

The exciting new next-generation Ford Focus range is the star attraction in Ford Motor Company's display at the 2010 Paris Motor Show on September 30.

For the first time, the complete global Ford Focus line-up of three production-ready dynamic bodystyles will be displayed together, providing customers with a full insight into this significant new model before it goes on sale in Europe and North America early in 2011.

Ford is also delivering on its promise to introduce a global performance version of the new Focus with a world premiere for the exciting flagship of the range, the muscular 250 PS Focus ST. The dramatic new ST will launch in early 2012 and will be revealed on September 30 at the Ford stand by Alan Mulally, Ford’s President and CEO, and Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe.

First Global Product
The formal launch of the full production-ready Focus range in Paris is highly significant for Ford, as it signals the introduction of the first truly global product developed under the Company’s ONE Ford strategy.

The Focus is Ford's most significant car range globally. Developed at Ford's Global centre of excellence for Small Cars in Germany for sale in over 120 markets worldwide, the next-generation model is the most important Focus yet and is created from Ford Motor Company's new global C segment platform with up to 80 per cent parts commonality around the world. This platform will underpin at least ten vehicles globally and account for some two million units of annual production by 2012.

With the complete range of three bodystyles on display in Paris for the first time – sporty five-door, elegant four-door and stylish wagon – show goers will have an exclusive opportunity to see and experience the car’s individual design and class leading technology first hand.

New Focus promises to outsmart its competitors by offering more affordable technologies and features than customers have ever experienced in this critical vehicle segment. Next-generation Focus also offers customers the highest standards of quality and detailed craftsmanship, plus outstanding fuel economy, and will take the legendary Focus driving dynamics to a new level.

Previewing the exciting new Focus ST
At the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, Ford Motor Company's group vice president for Global Product Development, Derrick Kuzak, promised that an exciting new performance version of the next generation Ford Focus was in development.

At Paris, Ford is delivering on that promise by revealing an early preview model of the exciting next-generation Ford Focus ST. Targeted for launch in all global markets from early 2012, the all-new Ford Focus ST will be Ford's first high-performance model developed under its global Performance Vehicles strategy.

The new range-topping Focus – which features a unique 250 PS version of the new 2.0-litre, four-cylinder Ford EcoBoost engine – will be completely true to Ford's ST heritage, offering driving enthusiasts an intoxicating cocktail of exhilarating performance and handling accompanied by an addictive sound.

Visitors to the Paris display also cannot fail to notice the show car’s highly distinctive sports exterior, which is finished in 'Tangerine Scream', a dramatic new body colour that reflects the new ST’s exciting and energetic character.

New Mondeo and C-MAX on Display
Taking their place alongside the next-generation Focus family will be five-door and wagon versions of the new Mondeo range, which was previewed at the recent Moscow International Automobile Salon. The Paris show sees the debut of the ultra-low CO2 Mondeo ECOnetic version. The Ford stand also showcases the latest S-MAX and Galaxy models which were launched earlier in 2010.

The all-new Ford C-MAX and Grand C-MAX will be represented by high series Titanium models fitted with a Ford EcoBoost 1.6-litre 180 PS petrol engine and the updated 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel. Bringing new levels of style and desirability to the compact Multi-Activity Vehicle (MAV) market, the all-new Ford C-MAX is the first production model using Ford's exciting new global C-segment platform. The Grand C-MAX also goes on sale in North America in late 2011.

Lower CO2 Emissions across the Ford Range
Ford is accelerating its efforts to minimise fuel consumption and CO2 emissions across its product range, and two important new entries to the Ford of Europe product portfolio are being displayed at Paris – a new Ford Mondeo ECOnetic model and a new Ford Ka derivative with standard Ford Auto-Start-Stop system.

These new models follow the significant new developments which have already been introduced during 2010, including the launch of the new high-efficiency Ford EcoBoost turbocharged direct injection petrol engine family and completely updated versions of the powerful yet highly fuel-efficient Duratorq TDCi diesel engines.

Ford is also moving forward with its European electrification program and will be displaying for the first time the core technology destined to drive its C-MAX PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle), that will be produced at the Valencia plant in Spain and is due to go on sale in Europe from 2013.

Along with the wider introduction of low-CO2 Ford ECOnetic Technologies such as Eco Mode and Smart Regenerative Charging, Ford of Europe is on track to surpass its goal of a 30 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions from its new vehicles by 2020, relative to a 2006 model year baseline.

"The launch of the complete new Focus range, plus the global debut of the high-performance ST model, makes this Paris Show not only very exciting for Ford, but also highly significant," said Stephen Odell, Chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe. "With the all-new C-MAX also on the Paris stand, along with the latest Mondeo, S-MAX and Galaxy models, it’s clear that the pace of change within Ford remains as aggressive as ever."

See less See more
1 11
#1,368 ·
The ST is on the cover of the new Top Gear mag UK edition as they took one 3333 miles and 12 states and the one rule was they had to avoid interstates. Just got home so I just breezed through the article but they reported a 0-60 time of 6.2 secs.

#1,371 ·
That is the most bug spattered cover ever
Great that the ST is the top story

#1,373 ·
"many bugs died in the testing of this car"
[rofl]

#1,375 ·
I see your paperwork but just to let you know, Ford does not show this number as the discount off for the X plan and I just checked and not from some dealers paperwork. I hope you do indeed get it for this as it would mean I would be getting a better price too. When you do get your car, would you mind and PM me with final amound.

Thanks and Good Luck!

#1,377 ·
>>>Also, travel for a better price if you want one.

I did. But, alas, I grew weak and cancelled the order for the ST when I saw the NEW 2013 Escape with the same motor, HID, AWD and about double the cargo room. The kicker was the Class 2 trailer towing (I test motorcycles this was a biggie) so I changed from the ST to a fully loaded (every available option - identical to my 2012 Focus Ti) Escape.

It is being built in Louisville this week, delivered half way across the country on 9-6-2012 which is precisely where I have a bike that needs to come East. Big savings, a $200 U-Haul and I'm a road trip!

Can't wait to read the reviews when you guys start getting the ST's . . . .I'm teasing the guys in the Porsche Club and I think the ST is going to be an absolute barrel of fun!

#1,381 ·
Any one know or have any idea, 'bout the st's 12 gallon tank? Crash safety or weight related or mpg ratings? Seems like theres not that much of a range.

#1,384 ·
It is smaller according to fords spec page. My educates guess is either full size spare or the different exhaust location.

Sent from the jPhone using FF Mobile
yes it has a ful size spare tire.

and what is this x plan b plan and what ever other plans im hearing about? im told its a employee only discount plan.

#1,388 ·
you should tell that buddy of yours to get some trunk measurements. trunk floor to top of back seat, side to side, top of seat to hatch door and bottome of seat to hatch door.

im pushing to get into one and if i do im not gonna be racing it ( ok i might a weekend or 2 but not much) and i want to completely tear the stereo system apart and do i nice build with either a single 12 or single 15. i compete in car audio comps and if i get this car im not gonna go crazy loud to win but compete just for the fun of it.

#1,391 ·
its not to bad, different wheels, color, and a few changes to the fenders and skirts. would be a good starting point for some one to photoshop a better design from.

#1,395 ·
That's not likely, since the pre-orders for dealer stock of the ST3 was canceled and replaced with ST1 or ST2 models, and most of the delayed orders were due to the HID headlamps on the ST3. I'm guessing that most of the people who pre-ordered and don't yet have their car likely wanted the full experience, or at least the head lamps.

The ST2 isn't exactly cheap either, but it is several thousand less than the full package.

#1,399 ·
Someone I know got a letter from Ford stating they were not up to their quality standards, so in other words, they were shitty parts to begin with lol. Not Hellas this time probably. But there is a bone stock ST with moonroof at my ford dealer in the tangerine yellow.

#1,401 ·
emperfections in the headlamp casing maybe? maybe the mold had a defect in it that caused a small defect in the lens or something. either way i would rather them tell us the hids arent ready and them make sure the headlights are of great quality then to get them and not be happy

#1,404 ·
If they'd offer the ST in a 2-door I'd jump on one.
Everyone knows the best performance cars only have 2 doors. The 4-door just adds unnecessary weight and makes a car FUGLY as well. [rant]
Your entitled to your opinion. But your opinion is in a very small minority. They don't make a 2 door because they don't sell. Just like they don't make a manual transmision in Ford trucks.... no one buys them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.