Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Just ran the 08 Coupe

12K views 69 replies 10 participants last post by  save_HUTCH 
#1 ·
Ran her at El Paso Motorplex. Being 4700 ft above sea level it ran REALLY SLOW. My best time out of 5 runs was 17.408 at 80.12 mph. Corrected using known factors to sea level the numbers are 16.356 at 85 mph.

BTW I officially hate the elevation here.

#3 ·
Its a 5-speed. Bone stock 25K miles

#4 ·
16.3 @ 85 is about right on to what i averaged stock in my 07 you will be surprised at what a simple intake and exhaust will do for your car, im right about 10 - 15 feet above sea level aswell lol, a cold air and header, rear seat delete, im now running on average 15.2 - 15.3 @ 90 if your interested in getting those times down a little [hihi]

#6 ·
yeah I have to say I really like my elevation also. My 15.7 as never sounded so sweet before lol. But after the correction it sounds like your right where you should be. Also the normal mods will help greatly with your times. Good luck

#7 ·
Yea, it felt fine at the track. Never made any wierd sounds except for once. But hey im beating the crap out of it so what can I expect.

But yes, once I do the normal mods I expect quite a big change. From what I have read a header, cat back, cai, and a tune should get me close to low 15's at sea level.

#8 ·
im in el paso to i want to go to the motor plex but havent had the chance i have a 08 sedan mtx at the moment have i/h/e untuned i would like to see how quick my car is when did u go on sunday?

#9 ·
There are no mods done to the car except the lunchbox. Ran a 16.69 at 80 ish mph. My fastest ever. The track is on El Paso and is 5187 ft above sea level. That time corrects to 15.5 in the quarter. For a BONE stock car. Granted I lauched at 7K and powershifted 2 and speed shifted 3rd.. I didnt think it would run that fast.

#11 ·
that sounds really good cant wait to have back my car the first thing im gonna do is go to the motor plex i bet i can be in the low 15s

#12 ·
Yea, we need to go together. We gotta rep the Foci has best as we can.

#13 ·
yeah we should go ill give u a call as soon as i have my car back hopefully im gonna tune the car first

#14 ·
So did you ever get your car fixed. I just went to the Plex today with my brother and his GTI.

#15 ·
yeah i have i havent go though but i want to go one of this days to the plex.
today some cars go to the super target on montwood u should go, i go every wednesday do u have new times? when are u gonna go again?

#16 ·
I went this past Sunday, Target on Montwood eh? Maybe ill hit that up next Wed cause my crew meets on Weds as well on Hondo Pass.

Give me a call so I know where it is at. Ive been here for about 10 months but dont know where eberything is yet

240-357-6277

#17 ·
oo cool hondo pass and what street? im going tomorrow to the plex il se what time i can do

#18 ·
We meet at the Taco Cabana there but it's more of a Euro car meet, ie VW, Audi, etc. Im just there because the guys are cool and my brother has a MKV GTi.

#19 ·
Okkk hey yesterday I went to the plex for the first time lol I think I did good but also I think I could do better my best time was 16.560 @ 85.64. 60 foot et was: 2.622 :s I want to go again like in two weeks to see if I could do better hope I could meet u there

Posted via FF Mobile

#20 ·
ea I didn't have internet all Saturday so I didn't see your post about going until like 7 pm sunday and I didn't want to run out there that late.

At least you ran faster than me. Only .1 second faster tho haha. and the same mph.

Well anyway hope we can run em at some point. I might go there next-next weekend too. My brother might be there too.

#21 ·
Yeah but I think I can go a lot faster the wheel hop killed me it was my first time in a track so I'm pleased but next time I'm surely gonna be faster ;)

Posted via FF Mobile

#22 ·
Yup My car either wheel hops or hooks dont know which one at any given time

#24 ·
Yea it's not to bad, but I can tell that she is begging for a tune bad.

#25 ·
Yeahh I know I'm gonna tune it soon

And I'm not stock but I'm at 3800 ft obove sealevel :s
Posted via FF Mobile

#26 ·
Yea I can't wait until I get my 08 tuned.

But I have heard the the Plex is 5187 ft above sea level. I ran a 16.68 stock and ran a 16.62 with the Steeda and lunchbox. So I know it's a good way's up there.

#27 ·
Nope its 3800 I had my gps when I went what were ur 60 ft times? I need to learn how to lunch it there
Posted via FF Mobile

#28 ·
I usually get like 2.6-2.7. My best is 2.522, that was with a 6.5-7K clutch drop and it surprisingly hooked and went.

#29 ·
Mm do u have ur times slips? That's what I do in the 60ft and a almost stock focus is not gonna compete with my car I don't believe it
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.