Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Xecutionr's TURBO BUILD

9K views 98 replies 17 participants last post by  bmylez 
#1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says, i got a deal on a turbo setup that just needs a set of injectors and a tune and I am good to go.

getting the kit installed later this month and getting the tune from tom at the end of december or first week of jan (paychecks).

This kit is NOT TOP Brand its mediocre, but that is all i need for right now, just planning on running 6psi for now until the internals are built up. then i will replace the parts to top brand/quality parts. I am NOT going balls out on this setup right now, i am not stupid lol. just looking for some umpf in my ride.

here is the pic of the turbo setup

i will get more once i get it this weekend. [hihi][hihi]

FUTURE Upgrades:
Garrett GT28RS Turbo
Eagle Forge H-beam Connecting Rods for '00-04 Focus Zetec
[Go to Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve 40mm]
Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve 40mm
CFM Zetec High Performance Short block.
Ford Racing Cylinder Head, Camshaft, Cam Gear Combo for '00-04 Focus Zetec (Exc. SVT)

these upgrades are WAY down the road

11/16 Update!

Picked up the turbo on sunday, and it was everything I was expecting!
no shaft play at all whatsoever and that thing is def brand new can't even tell it has 750 miles on it.
only downside is that the boost gauge is in BAR so that means im gonna run .42 boost ;) [hihi] just means about ~6.1 psi
the intercooler was REALLY light i mean ridiculous light weight, that is a plus im guessing lol.

Installing the intercooler this weekend and prob slapping on the turbo too, getting everything setup in the car to run the wideband and boost gauge. also installing the oil pan with the bung welded in.

Things to get:
Wideband - 169.99 (ebay)
MaFia - 150$ (mcnews)
siemens 60lb Injectors - 178$ (mcnews) OR a set of 52lb injectors in the BST forums

11/20 Update!

got the front bumper pulled off
Removed EGR system
mocked up how the inter cooler is going to set in.

there is a better shot of the turbo in those pics...

See less See more
#4 ·
if they are i will def. take them off your hands sean! btw yeah its OBX, I think it looks like really good fab work to be honest, does anyone else agree or disagree? i mean to be honest this is what i paid for the kit..

Xbox elite with two controllers and recharge station
stock parts off my car that i will be taking off to install the turbo charger (because his car blew up because he had no tune, and therefore is trying to get his car back to stock)
and 125$

i couldn't pass up the offer, there is only 750 miles on the turbo kit.

#8 ·
That's pretty dang cheap.

SVT injectors will not flow enough for boost. Just get 60 lbs/min injectors and be done with it. No need to upgrade ever again. You'll thank yourself later.

What size turbo?

Lastly, I would take off that part about your friend's warranty situation. This is a public forum and that is not the most honest way to do it...

#9 ·
That's pretty dang cheap.

SVT injectors will not flow enough for boost. Just get 60 lbs/min injectors and be done with it. No need to upgrade ever again. You'll thank yourself later.

What size turbo?
idk he said its a 350$ turbo so im guessing t3/t4 but other than that idk, he cant remember the brand, [rolleyes] prob obx, but i dont mind, im going to be upgrading it later anyway

and yeah ill take off that last part

also im prob just gonna buy the injectors when i get up there, unless i HAVE to have them to drive up there lol

#13 ·
It's obviously a t3/t4 because that's the only one that will fit the OBX setup. The size can vary A LOT, though. Whatever, people have made some decent power using eBay turbos, so you'll be fine. I've always wondered what the OBX manifold could put down.

I would not drive it with the turbo installed with stock injectors. Sure, if you keep out of boost, it's ok...but it's too easy to get into boost. If you take the spring out of the wastegate, you can drive it and not build boost. Why not just get the injectors first and get a base tune?

#14 ·
well they are sending me a remote tune for 75$ to get to their place to get my dyno tune. so i guess i DO need to get the injectors>? lol

#15 ·
Aaron I have a set of Deka 60 injectors, they are new never used, lmk, also have a BAP, intercooler, etc. Incredible deal you got there, with the amount of extra money you will have to invest for another set-up you will be pleased with this one.

#19 ·
Well, you can, but I wouldn't drive it around for weeks. If you install the turbo kit the day before, take out the wastegate spring, and leave in your stock injectors, you can drive it to the dyno shop.

#20 ·
yeah, well everything has changed now, i am no longer going to mcnews I am doing a tune with tom. I want the most out of my money, and with adding new things later down the road and tom doesn't charge for it? AND I don't have to drive any long distance = SCORE [thumb].

updated OP

#22 ·
If you are getting it tuned by Tom, don't drive around with any of the stock parts. Install the whole kit, load Tom's base tune, do a startup/idle log, then he'll get you on the road.

#23 ·
im not going to have any of the stock parts on, the car is parked in the garge, im installing the turbo next week and ill be waiting until i get the $$ to get the tune at the end of dec.

#25 ·
oh ok, well ill def get ahold of you on how to do that. does it matter that i dont have the injectors or wideband or mafia yet? or do you want me to get those first then we can get the idle, and cruise out of the way?

#26 ·
No, you need the WHOLE turbo kit for Tom to tune it correctly. Otherwise, you'd have to do it all over again when you add the parts. For instance, if he tunes you for stock injectors, and then you add 60# injectors, he can't magically adjust the tune without datalogging it.

#27 ·
ok thanks for the clarification i thought that was the response i was gonna get lol. ill have the money for the injectors and the MaFia on the 30th, then come end of dec ill have money for the wideband and the tune [thumb]

#30 ·
ok guys another update added to the OP...

question though! for the inter cooler to mount what do i do about the black snake-like hose infront of the radiator?? any idea? just mount the inter cooler infront of it?

#34 ·
got another question.. the setup that i was given only have one bung should i have two? one for my wideband and one for another sensor?? im not sure..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.