Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New To the Focus World!

5K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  Big Body 
#1 ·
Hey Guys!

I recently purchased a 2004 Focus SVT and decided to join the forum! I've only had it for a day but unfortunately some minor mechanical problems have made themselves apparent. Here's the list:

- P1518 CEL code (IMRC weirdness?)
- TOB noisy
- Worn motor mounts

Cosmetically, everything looks pretty good except a few scrapes here and there and some clear coat that needs redoing.

Here it is

http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/CoryS88/

Looking forward to meeting yall!

<3 Cory (I've been told to write "I'm not gay, I'm just a girl.")

See less See more
#39 ·
Ah ... I see. Yeah it does take a good moment. I would say since it is your first time tackling it, about 3 hours max. Or 2 if you are fast with your tools. But 3 to be meticulous of the whole process.

-Ray-

#48 ·
I know the motor mounts are destroyed. I jacked up the passenger side and turned the wheel..... which then rocked the motor and transmission. It's safe to say they are destroyed.

The reason I posted that was because she's been having a slight noise when making right turns. Other people described the same noise and it turned out to be the motor mount.

I'm hoping that's the case.

#50 ·
a lift and tools doesn't mean it will be easy! you have to have some mechanical aptitude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.