Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What other ford seats fit into an 07 SE?

28K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Fink* 
#1 ·
Man the driver seat in my 07 is killing my back. The model i have has a little crank down near the floor and it raises and lowers the actual seat giving me more head room. Im 6'4 so need the extra hight.

The problem is when i crank the seat down lowering me down near the floor the back rest has this hard bar that goes across down low near the lubar area and its killing me. This has to be one of the most uncomfortable car seats ive ever sat in.

Im wondering what other cars ford makes that i coudl maybe rob one from a salvage yard and put in mine. I dont care about looks i just want somthing a little more comfortable and low like when i have the bench part lowered.

Maybe a mustang seat? they seem a little lower but im not for sure. Ide like to maybe fix mine just to keep it all stock but i figured incase i screw it up it would be nice to have one i could pop in as a replacement incase.

#2 ·
Amen, brother! I have an '07 ZX3 SES that I've owned for 5 months that apparently has the same seat as yours and it is undoubtedly the most horrible seat ever put in an automobile! I recently made a 2200 mile trip in it and by the midpoint I was contemplating ripping out the seat and replacing it with a milk crate! I've no doubt that the Marquise de Sade is alive and well and is designing Focus seats.

A friend's 2010 SES coupe has decent seats. If anything a bit overstuffed, but that beats what we have. If anyone has done seat transplants PLEASE let us know what might fit our cars!

#4 ·
I just installed SVT seats in my 05 ST, precisely because the stock seats are c*#p.
They are like night and day! SVT seats are supportive, firm, almost infinitely adjustable for rake and lumbar support, and they just happen to look very similar to the stock ST seats.
You can find SVT seats here, and on other Focus forums for $300-$500 (or thousands if you want the euro-Recaros). Money very well spent IMHO.
CAVEAT! I have not, and I'm not sure anyone else has yet figured out how to match the complex wiring harness of the SVT seats (they come with heaters and power height adjustment) with that of the ST, in order to get the seat belt and air bag lights to go out, or whether the air bags will even work. It may be that the air bag modules between model years are incompatible.
Nonetheless, they are superb seats.

#5 · (Edited)
Well these aren't ford, but Mazda is close enough though, right?
RX8 (2004-2008) seats take a bit of modification apparently. I believe the rails are the same, but the distance between them is different.
You would probably have to fab your own wire harness for the seat sensors, but if you are feeling adventurous, here are some pics:

There are many colors available:

2009 Recaro RX8s would be nice (No idea if these use the same rails though):

#6 ·
Only problem about the mazda seats is they arnt a drop in fit and they are just way to high for used seats. They do look cool ill admit but dang i need wheels before i pay $300. for a set of used seats.

I wonder if an 03 4 door coupe style focus will have better seats?

There is a pick and pull place in my area ive gone to a few times and seats are in just about every car, they are easy to find but what fits? and are they worth removing? front end and body parts are whats hard to find.

wheels, tires, body and engine parts are usualy stripped but interior parts are usualy all in there.

#12 ·
I had a 2000 Contour and they had great seats- so much so I bought a 1998 Contour and swapped them. I am going to take a trip to the junk yard and see if they fit the 2002 Focus. It will be work but better to find out there. I hate the seat in the Focus but love the car. I will report my findings.

#13 ·
2008-2011 front seats do definitely fit, tried it out at the scrap yard yesterday in my 2007. I ran out of time but i will try the back this weekend based on a quick look they aren't gonna work. Its too bad because they look way nicer with the white stitching on the black leather. Also the front harnesses won't work, they're totally different. That being said i'm gonna disable the seat belt reminder and see how it goes. I don't have side airbags on mine so i'm crossing my fingers!

#14 ·
So I know this is an old thread.

Have any of you added or swapped out other seats? I thoight contour or mercury Milan seats might fit.

What about 2012 seats? But the wiring harness is gonna be a btch. Our seats are manual so if only I could find nice manual seats..

This is the set I found at junkyard

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Vehicle Car Window Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design
Vehicle Car Window Car seat cover Motor vehicle

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.