Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New car!

4K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  Juantron 
#1 ·
I am at a bit of a cross-roads now...I've been autocrossing my zx5 for a couple seasons now and I just picked up an SVT-5. Question is, do I continue with my ZX5 in SMF or do I go with the SVT in whatever class it fits in?

I've been throwing parts at the ZX5 for a while now (engine mounts, tune, header, catless-back, battery relocate, cheap coilovers, AGX struts/shocks, cam gears...), so I'm not sure if I want that car as my daily driver without at least going back to stock suspension. And I dont think I'll ever be very competitive in that car until I get it on race rubber.

I'm not sure where I'll be with the SVT. Its coming with a Borla catback, Fidanza flywheel, upgraded clutch, and dogbone mount. Other than a Diablo tune from Tom, I'm not wanting to modify the SVT any further than it already is. But I'm guessing that it will fit into the ST class with its modifications? And believe it or not, ST is a faster class in my club than SMF, so I don't really know what I want to do at this point.

What do you guys think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.