Warning: This install will not allow you screw your bezel into place. If you require the bezel to be screwed in, you must modify the bezels face for the radio to slide in from the front rather than the back.
I am NOT held liable for any damage or stolen property.
This is a how to, that I came up. It's a very easy way on installing a double din. This tut is meant for all models in 00-04 Foci.
In order to get this installed you must have the Metra kit 95-5806 and the double din radio of your choice.
1. Start by removing your aftermarket radio and dash kit or factory radio.
2. Once removed start removing the 4 screws that hold the bezel in place. This can be found only after removing the radio. You will need a 7mm socket to remove the screws.
3. After the screws have been removed, pull out the ashtray and press down on the tab on the top and then gently slide out the entire tray. It helps if this is off the bezel, you'll understand during reinstall.
4. The bezel is snapped into place so gently with force pull off the bezel from the sides in order to remove the bezel.
5. Now start by disconnecting all the HVAC wires, cig lighter wires, and hazard switch wires.
6. Once you have the bezel free from the dash, start by removing all parts attached to the bezel(except the cig lighter) soo that your bezel will be naked.
As you can see in pictures, the radio will NOT slide in from the front without trimming of the top and bottom tabs of the bezel and rounding off the top corners more.
In this how to you will most likely not have to trim you bezel in order to install your radio. I know some of you like the clean look of an install and rather not scratch and mess up the face of the bezel in order for the radio to slide in from the front.
NOT all double dins are the same. Some are differently and will require you to trim the bezel a little. In order to check this, stand your radio face up and slide the bezel over the front. If the bezel does not slide more that 1/4 inch over then some trimming maybe be required. I went ahead and trimmed mine(I found out I didn't have to for my radio, i regret doing so haha). Here is an example of what needs to be trimmed:
7. Once the bezel is naked, it is time to attach the radio to the bezel. Follow by the steps I did in this video:
8. Once you have the radio attached to bezel, cut the the tab off that is circled in the picture below. Without cutting this tab, the bezel will not fit into the dash flush.
9. Once the tab is cut off, you can now put the bezel back together. Wire up the radio, connect the radio, HAVC, cig lighter and hazard switch. The radio will fit, but it will be snug. Slide the radio into place snugly, then snap the bezel into place. Then put the ashtray back in and your done!
10. Now sit back and enjoy your new double din radio.