Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Nor*Cal B.S. Thread

2M views 9K replies 88 participants last post by  Toadster88 
#1 ·
Lets make this a place for anything and everything we want to talk about. That way we dont fill up our other threads with B.S.

[ffrocks] [thumb] [ffrocks] [thumb] [ffrocks] [thumb]

#6,175 ·
i been working on a AC gauge pod today, its looking sweet, just need to find a boost
gauge that only goes to 15psi , i already have a A/F gauge and the pod going to hold them both

#6,180 ·
well the ceramic in the engine enamel will do a pretty decent job of controlling the heat.....

VHT makes something called flameproof that is designed for exhaust headers, that might work.

#6,184 ·
just put a deposit on these wheels. gonna be paying for them in full when I get back from cabo. Team dynamics Pro Race 1.2s, 17x7, et45, 4x108. 3lbs lighter than my factory wheel. isn't a bunch, but it's better every little bit (especially in rotational mass) helps.

this is the first step in a kinda long proccess to get my reverse staggered setup going. but it should be THAT much sicker for the track. even at my current power levels. I'll be running a wider tire, harder springs, more negative camber, and much larger brakes. should be sick. Hoping to have it all done by the first track event next season.

oh, and also, take a look at the specs on the tire difference from what I'm running now. I'm currently on the 215/45/17's (which will what I stay with in the rear). the new 235/40/17's are .1" smaller in overall diameter, but 1.2" WIDER! hells yea! AND literally only 1lb heavier. My new front rims will be .5lbs lighter than my current wheels. So all together, my new wheel/tire combo will only be .5lbs heavier up front, and 3lbs lighter per wheel in the back. not too shabby :kewld:

#6,189 ·
Yes. Yes it is. We should all hit an event next season. Caravan out there and learn the track together. I've been to 2 events so far and its a blast. You don't have to have some crazy track setup to have fun. First event was on crappy tires and I still had a blast and learned tons. It's only $179 for the day and $40 for the one year license. You get an instructor in your car with you that talks/coaches you throughout each of your 4 twenty minute sessions. Soooo worth the money. I'd like to see more foci out there too. These things do awesome on the track.

#6,191 ·
Well the first event of next year probably isn't till around march or so. If you put like $50 aside each check from now until then, you'd have enough for a few events. A little each check adds up. It's an experience I recommend to any and everyone to try at least once.

#6,212 ·
i vote button willow cause it's closer to me IIRC.

also let's do this... fo' realz!!!!

i've been wanting to do a track day forever... it'd be REALLY nice to be able to open Deb up and really let her loose on a track... if i have my new wheels and suspension setup by then (and i hope i will) then watch out fellas!

lots of this: [driving]

then lots of this: [cheers]

then probably some of this: [chairfall]

hopefully none of this: [vommit]

and it'll be a sick weekend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.