Tom and I spent some more time t-shooting this thing. The shop mechanic was able to find a vacuum leak yesterday so that helped out some, but here's something interesting that i guess i've been living with for quite some time....
My O2 sensors were in the wrong positions. I told Tom some things about my O2 setup and he made me second guess everything and take a real good look at it, that's when i noticed that the color codes on my sensors did not match up to the color codes of the harnesses. This was done a long time ago when i had the exhaust system installed. What bastages!
This was causing the difference in readout between the AFR and O2 sensor #1. The AFR said the fuel was good and the O2#1 said to add fuel. It was all kindsa screwy readings. I swapped the O2 sensors to their correct positions and then both the AFR and O2#1 were reading the same. That helped us out TREMENDOUSLY!!!! We're almost done now with the baseline idle tune....more to come on Monday!
PS: Before you all ask how they did it....they cut the tabs on the male connector in order to make it mate to the female end. No flaming....this was ages ago. Now i will say this....i ordered a new O2 sensor and it was supposed to be a O2#1 but in fact was the rear sensor. Mechanic said it didn't fit so he cut the tabs to make it fit just the like stock one was set up. Tom pointed out some very obvious things about this that made me take a better look-see at it. Here's the morale....shouldn't have to cut tabs on the male end of the connector to make it fit the female end...wrong sensor....obviously. I wish i had known earlier when it first happened ages ago. (Shop in the RGV did this).