Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Buying Tires

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sleepyboy 
#1 ·
I have rims that I want the tires mounted on, but I want to have the tires delivered to the shop, after I purchase them online. Does anyone know how to get this done? I want to buy them online and then have them delivered to the shop, while I bring the rims. Discount Tire direct?

#2 ·
Both Discount Tire and TireRack offers the option of ordering it online and having it shipped to the installation location. The good part about ordering from TireRack is that you don't have to pay Sales Tax here in TX.

#4 ·
Yes Discount has business locations in TX and therefore will charge Taxes. If you order from TireRack, it will be shipped from LA and therefore no Sales Tax.

#5 ·
and all shops will charge you extra (even discount tire, if you order from discount tire direct) to mount and balance tires that are not bought from them, its usually 25+ a tire to get it done at a "mainline" shop.

you can however, find a "bobs tire shop" that will probably do it for less, with no lifetime rotation or balance.

#7 ·
and all shops will charge you extra (even discount tire, if you order from discount tire direct) to mount and balance tires that are not bought from them, its usually 25+ a tire to get it done at a "mainline" shop.

you can however, find a "bobs tire shop" that will probably do it for less, with no lifetime rotation or balance.
or how about Flipside Motorsports? ;)

#6 ·
^^ Lots of many savings in these suggestions ...

I need to do the same thing pretty soon for some autoX tires ... good info guys.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.