Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Turbo LSX Focus
Thread: Turbo LSX Focus
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #689
Turbo Turtle
Fins Up!
Fan#: 32772
What I Drive: STi & Miata

Points 21,817, Level 92
Points: 21,817, Level: 92 Points: 21,817, Level: 92 Points: 21,817, Level: 92
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 55 Turbo Turtle Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
well i have been working on the rearend some lately. it is pretty much in place. deff not finished b/c my welder hates me. im going to get a new welder as soon as taxes come in and i pay off this damn washer and dryer, lol. im going to get a lincoln sp180t. i debated getting a powermig but im sure the sp180 will do great in comparison to the current one.. and i'll just save my splurging on a tig welder... later.

i started and basically welded only what i had to to get it to hold good. i will finish weld and reweld what has been done. i will also be redoing the front crossmember mounting plates once i get a decent welder.

i know the krugel kit uses the stock factory crossmember and bolts to it. but they switch to different upper control arms as well as have a much higher stance in the rear than i want. this new crossmember is much stronger, allows me to use factory links (so irs will work later on) and is up about 4" higher.
Turbo Turtle Garage
Zetec and Duratec Turbo kits, engine building