Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST

62K views 150 replies 36 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
This IS NOT a thread ment to bash SCT and I wont allow it

I ask if you are having or had issues datalogging with the SCT xcal that you post here with the problems

I am then going to use this to send to SCT to try to get these issues fixed

I am 100% positive that it is a software issues because the old Raptor works perfectly on the cars that wont datalog properly and so does the Diablo Predator

Please post your probelms

Tom

#90 ·
What device are you using: X3
Year/make/model and strategy of vehicle you are logging: 09 focus PRP0
What is the firmware revision on it: 1.2.121-3000
What version of livelink are you using: 6.1
What operating system is on your computer: vista

I was datalogging with Tom earlier and everything was going ok (other than the "noisy" reading from my wideband) then, I loaded the third tune from Tom and started to log, but I got a message about not getting data for 10 seconds so the log would terminate. This happens about 4 minutes into the log. I've restarted my computer several times and unplugged and replugged everything several times and keep coming up with this. Does anyone have any idea about what's wrong? Thanks for any help

#94 ·
What device are you using-x3

Year/make/model and strategy of vehicle you are logging-2005 SE Focus

What is the firmware revision on it-Current Version:1.2.121-3000

What version of livelink are you using-6.1

What operating system is on your computer-Windows XP

I got a message about not getting data for 10 seconds so the log would terminate. This happens at the begging of the Data Logging every time.

#97 ·
Are we going to see an update from SCT regarding the SVT Focus Datalogging issue?

Currently I have $550 invested into the hardware side of tuning that DOES NOT WORK.. My XCal3 might as well be a backlit paperweight at this point.

SCT has done nothing to address this issue but tell us its "known" (if they admit that much). I've been told they've been UNABLE to replicate the 10-second logging issues.. They actually had the audacity to tell me that. The SCP logging was "sporatic" back in Oct of 09 and was made worse with LiveLink6.1

When I asked about a refund on my Xcal3, I was told I need to speak with Tom. I don't think this is fair. Tom has lived up to his end of the bargain, SCT has not. I'm at the point I want my money back so I can get a DiabloSport, they at least work with the SVTF..

#98 ·
Posts like this are part of the reason I do not contribute here much anymore. I am a member of many Ford messageboards and nowhere else do I see as much complaining as I do here....

Do I understand your frustration? Of course I do, I work here and own an SVT and the X3 has issues on my car.

We are a business and I alone do not set proiority on what gets worked on...not even close. From a business side, spending a lot of time fixing problems on a car that was only produced from 02-04 in limited quantity is not a wise decision. If you were to ask any of the higher ups here, that would be the response. Even with that though, I have been able to get certain items with the Focus worked on

To that end, I will say this: Datalogging is now working with the SVT...but it has not been released yet. Once it has passed full testing, it will be released and no sooner. Our firmware for the X3 is also being worked on to work better with the SVT. Again, this has not been released yet and will once finished in test. I can all but guarantee that this will be the last time items for the SVT focus will be worked on.

To address your issues with being told the issue was not reproducable, the techs here deal with a lot of issues daily. It is hard to keep track of everything and sometimes in the interest of time they are unable to go and ask if something has been addressed. Initially, because the problems were intermittent, the standard answer was that it couldn't be reproduced. The issues has been reproduced, looked at and as I said before fixed. My vehicle would not log consistantly and now does using the test livelink.

Now lets see how long it takes before you and everyone else jumps on my case.....

#101 ·
Blivit any suggestion here on this problem, I will try to reload live link again today and see if it works. But either suggestions that this step?

I got a message about not getting data for 10 seconds so the log would terminate. This happens at the begging of the Data Logging every time.

#102 ·
Blivit any suggestion here on this problem, I will try to reload live link again today and see if it works. But either suggestions that this step?

#103 ·
Do you any of our other programs installed? (updater, advantage etc?) If so, are they open and running at the same time? If yes, try closing them. Check in your task manager too to see if any other instances of any SCT programs are still running.

If not, go into device manager with your X3 plugged in. Look for anything with a yellow exclamation point next to it. Also, look for an entry labeled "jungo." There should be 2 items within that if the driver is working properly. If there are any yellow exclamation points or you do not see "jungo" or the two items that are supposed to be listed under jungo are not there then you have a driver issue. To fix that you can reinstall any of our programs for the X3(updater is the easiest) and it will reinstall the driver.

#104 ·
No on this comp I just have Livelink install. I will do what you say Thank You Blivit :)

#107 ·

Well here Im again this time my xcal want talk to livelink at all. LiveLink acts like there is nothing there I got all the connection correc. But let me describe my steps;

connect xcal to the car,

turn my key ON

connect xcal to the computer

open livelink.

last time I couldn't data-log I was getting a message about not getting data for 10 seconds so the log would terminate. This happens at the begging of the Data Logging every time. So I delete livelink 6.1 out of my comp and re-install it. This time my my xcal want connect to livelink at all.

Pleas advice.

#109 · (Edited)
Blivit I honestly was thinking that i have to reinstall livelink, I did mis understand your advice. Sorry mate Im not good with computers ;(

Okay it worked with no problem I can datalog again Thanks Blivit.

#112 ·
2003 FSVT Datalogging

I too have been having issues. XCAL3 - Running 64Bit Windows 7 via USB I also have Analog 1 hooked up to A/F wideband. Not really sure what is going on the length of the log capture varies from 30 seconds to 800 seconds. It seems like the communication stutters for a few seconds before it stops. Then the device disconnects itself from the SCP link to the computer.
Just wanted to let you know and find out if there is a solution.

#119 ·
New livelink 6.2 software has been released.

http://www.sctflash.com/software/LiveLink62.exe

- Data logging for the 2011 Mustang GT is now supported.
- Data logging for SCP32 vehicles with X3P devices is now working.
- Returnless Fuel Adaptive and Short Term Fuel Trim DMRs for 05+ Mustangs have been fixed.
- Display issues when changing views in LiveLink have been corrected.
- LiveLink software now checks for any updates available. These updates will not require a new install.
- The update process will run each time LiveLink is opened and an internet connection is available. If an update is found, a message box will appear prompting you if you would like to update now. If you select 'Yes', LiveLink will download the latest executable and/or database available and then restart LiveLink and the update will take effect. If you select 'No', LiveLink will not prompt you to update until the next time the software is run.

Known Issues with this version:
- Ford X2 Import is not displaying correctly.
- GM X2 is not currently supported.
- Using an X3P with GM VPW data logging you may get a false message saying that communication with the vehicle has been lost. This is an error, click OK and data logging will proceed. Short Term Fuel Trim pids also may not display correctly.
- Known issues to be fixed in a future update. When available, LiveLink will notify you that a software update is available.

#121 ·
SF3 3000 X3 powerflash (XP101708xxxxx)
firmware 1.2.123
2002 SVT Focus

Returned car to stock, updated firmware to 1.2.123. Device will not recognize strategy on car. Gives error 1018 when attempting to load custom tune. In vehicle info, Strategy: is blank.

Got in a bit of a bind because old firmwares are not posted obviously on the website. Fortunately was able to revert to known good firmware by changing some numbers in the filename I downloaded to 116 instead of 123.

http://sctflash.com/software/X3P-FW12123-US-3000-FORD-PRODUCTION.LWU

to

http://sctflash.com/software/X3P-FW12116-US-3000-FORD-PRODUCTION.LWU

Thanks, SCT, for leaving old firmwares up on that server. Otherwise my friend would not be able to drive home on Sunday. Back on 116, everything works as it should.

PS we will be testing the new LL6.2 with this SF3 on the SVT tomorrow. I look forward to it just... working.

#124 ·
PS we will be testing the new LL6.2 with this SF3 on the SVT tomorrow. I look forward to it just... working.
Three thumbs up [thumb][thumb][thumb]

no pauses when doing anything, loading, starting datalog, etc. it is very smooth
no jumping during logging
no logs randomly freezing/ending after 30 or so seconds
no random values of like 198871298763981 for spark, rpm, throttle, etc
initialize PID is extremely fast which is awesome
fixed giant memory leak so my CPU isnt at 100% constantly even if im not doing anything

I can go on and on. The quality and fit/finish of this version of livelink is outstanding compared to ANY SCT product I've ever used in the past.

#122 ·
i have an xcal 2, and i select the 9 pids that tom told me to select, all lower case except for SHFT[1] since there is no lower case. i have it plugged into the obd with my car on the on position and connected to the computer. i hit capture data, setup, and the datalog setup i transfered to the xcal 2 is there. i then select that and have to enable all the pids like supposed to. once i finish this it shows all the pids with numbers next to them on the xcal but it doesnt show up on the laptop. what do i do after this?

#123 ·
If you are using a laptop you dont actually have to do any of this

i hit capture data, setup, and the datalog setup i transfered to the xcal 2 is there. i then select that and have to enable all the pids like supposed to. once i finish this it shows all the pids with numbers next to them on the xcal
all you have to do is connect the x2 to the car, the USB to the computer and x2, turn the key to the on position, and click the green button in livelink.

#126 ·
On the first screen... I forget what the two lines were, I think one was "unmarried"

When I clicked "select" to go to the second screen where it shows the strategy, is just showed this

Strategy:

and then went back to the home screen automatically without me touching anything.

And as I said when trying to load a tune I got error 1018 strategy not recognized.

The strategy on the car is YRF0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.