Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - HOW TO ADD FOG Accent Lights
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
Focus Enthusiast
Fan#: 65928
What I Drive: 2003 competition orange svtf

FF Reputation: 1 momsgonnafindme Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by jetrinka View Post
Why didn't you wire them in parallel?
i have a bunch of resistors for one led, so i just used them that way.. i could have just wired 3 leds in series but i didnt want that much light

Originally Posted by 2Focused4Life View Post
Just be lights will get you pulled over again and again and again. And you don't want a "Inpersonating a police office" ticket.
if your parked the lights are fine, just no driving with them. i may change the color in the future if i see fit

Originally Posted by TaylorinAlaska View Post
lol most people just buy pre-resisted LEDs. glad to see you did it on your own.

Why not make a second hole in the casing to retain the original lights?

Good job, next time put "HOW-TO" in the title. :]
i like doing electrical work on my own, theres more pride in your work if you do the dirty stuff your self, so to speak
and i do have the orginal lights in still, thats why i mention the hole covered by the sticker,, idk what the hole is for, but i used it for leds. that way i still have my fogs, otherwise i would have just hooked the leds to the fog light harness instead of the seperate switch
Originally Posted by brachiopod9898 View Post
Let us know how the hot-melt glue holds up.
i think it should be fine,, leds dont produce enough heat to melt the glue, im not sure about the stock bulb, but i guess ill find out soon enough.. if it ends up melting ill redo it with silicone probably. i just wanted a water tight fit. dont really care how i acheive that so long as i do

and to sum it up, thank you guys for the positive feedback
i was nervous, this being my first tut..
thank you norcalfocus01 for changing the title, it was 4 in the morning by the time i finished and i didnt even think about that haha

oh, also btw everyone im 17, in highschool, and still living with mom.
and proud of it XD
one of only 301 comp orange 3door svtf
when i turn my car on, it returns the favor