Focus Fanatics Forum banner

HOW-to: debadge trunk trim 05-07

12K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  S2 
#1 · (Edited)
ok so i did it!!!

this is how-to remove FORD logo and get rid of the oval surrounding it on the 05-07 trunk trim

NOTE DONT PAINT THE SCREWS OR GET BONDO ON THEM (big mistake)

things you will need:

-an afternoon
-10mm wrench/socket
-primer
-black (any color) paint
-clear coat
-80 grit sand paper
-acetone/alcohol
-dremel
-bondo body fill
-bondofiber glass kit

first you open trunk and locate the screws
(you have to remove the black key cover)

unscrew with 10mm socket

slide it out and remove plate lights

remove FORD logo
use acetone/alcohol and wipe the entire thing clean and get sand paper and sand it all

dremel the surrounding down (go slow and every so often use the sand paper to smooth it a bit..
BTW::: for those doign this mod please not once you dremel it so its flush with the rest the middle plastic stick will fall off (since you dremel the part its attached) NOTE it doesnt really do anything since the one screw doesnt have it anyways [view pics #2 in "unscrew with 10mm socket" (6th pic listed) to see what i mean by plastic stick]

[once its fully flat and same level as rest of trim there should be 2 quarter size holes]
follow directions on fiberglass kit and place the fiber glass cloth over the holes
(make sure you push cloth into holes and create like a crater)
AFTER the top is dry..i recommend putting some fiberglass behind it (on underside) jsut for extra strength since you will still be sanding more

after that dry [repeat the ^ if necessary] but sand with 80 grit until smooth

then use the body filler and the craters

sand with 80 grit.... then prime it all (even under and behind it)

[wet sand and apply a couple coats]

then apply the color paint

[wet sand and apply a couple coats]

then clear coat and use the clear coat sand paper and sand it and re paitn with clear.... wait til its all dry and put lights back and screw back on

ANY questions dont be afraid to pm me and ill answer immediately just title it TRUNK MOD since i get them emailed to iphone ill know you need help

See less See more
#5 ·
looks good, i say you color match it.

I wish it was that easy on the hatch, the body has an indent in it though, so it'd have to be welded up.

#10 ·
um i think it was like $20 w/o paints and sand papeer(got them before)

but
the kit was like $14
body fill $5
primer $5 ( i got the big cans for each but the little ones were like $3)
paint $ 5
clear $5
paper $3

so $25 w/o paints and then w/e paint im sure you prob have atleast primer at home

[but it was so worth it i love how it looks and it jsut seems so smooth and nice]

#16 ·
thanks yea the paint i have is for engine :/ so i just have to go find some red and ill paint it red but i love the way it looks... im glad i could help those who have thought about it or w/e... im just trying to find a balck mesh grille now

#18 ·
thanks im going to wait and see how it looks with smoked lights tomoro but if i love it balck for some reason idk

BTW::: for those doign this mod please not once you dremel the thing so its flush with the rest the middle plastic stick will fall off (since you dremel the part its attached) NOTE it doesnt really do anything since the one doesnt have it anyways

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.