Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Richbrook Brake & Bezel Bling-i-fi-cation
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Originally Posted by SVTRSST View Post
owe shit i want those pieces! how much were they?, and how do you install the surround thing?
EDIT: You can now order direct from Richbrook (

Richbrook is a UK company - there are a ton of different UK sites selling their stuff. I actually got the brake handle here from member 'Waffles ZX3 Kona,' but I think it's between $40 and $50 new (?). I got the bezel from 'passion_automotive' on ebay, shipped from the UK for £26.98.

Check out their site and downloadable pdf "catalogue"s:

You could email Janette Clarke at Richbrook, and she could probably recommend a seller or two - perhaps they even sell direct:

Anyway, they're both really nice pieces. Steeda used to offer a PLASTIC shift surround that looked exactly the same, but I'm so happy that I procrastinated until they didn't offer 'em anymore (NO ONE offers 'em), and then went nuts for a long time until I found these sweet METAL ones.

how do you install the surround thing?
If you notice how I have it - in chrome - just draped over the shift boot, well if you push down HARD on it, the plastic ring in the boot will help you line it up - then you just mark your four drill holes with a pencil, and... drill (after removing the boot and such). That being said, it's really easy to drill the holes too wide - the console plastic is pretty soft. Indeed, I had to run to the hardware store for stainless screws, because the hex screws supplied by Richbrook just slid right through the holes I drilled (I also think there was a metric versus non-metric hex screw/drill bit screw up at play - can't remember if I used the Richbrook-supplied bit first, or one of mine - so I shouldn't blame the console's plastic). Anyway, my hardware store only had black hex screws in the right size - which I might try sometime to see if I like the look - but I actually dig the look of the stainless philips heads.

looks badass

and please if you get the redline stuff, could you post them here?!, i wanted to do the same but i was afraid that the blue from redline wouldnt match the svt interior lol
Yeah, the blue DOESN'T match anymore (but it USED TO, damnit!!!). I ordered samples from them two years ago (Violety Blue, Dark Blue, Charcoal, and Black). The Violety Blue was a near-perfect match when you laid it on the SVT seats. But then I didn't order the boots, because I started thinking about different shift knobs and console options, and wanted to get that sorted first...

So this thread discusses the next, tragic part of the story: (Das Boots!!). Too bad his pics are gone, but if you go to my post #23, you'll get an explanation, and then my post #29 has photographic proof.

I'd say their new 'Violety Blue' is like the blue of the original RS Focus wheel - which looks nasty (bad nasty) in an SVT interior methinks.

When I lay those two swatches on my seats, I practically want to cry - WHY did he have to change his supplier before I could place my order!??!?

Last edited by shepski; 06-30-2009 at 11:11 AM.