Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Security lock-box for the trunk....

9K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  bluefront 
#1 ·
I've been looking for something like this for a while....a lock-box that I can secure in the trunk, and take along with me to a motel or someplace. This one does it...from Best Buy, a Honeywell Digital #3040D, $60.

This one holds my Thinkpad, my .357 in it's case, a camera, radar detector, and still has some room left. I had to construct the custom interior (foam panels, Velcro, felt, and duct tape). This interior pulls out if you need more room. It came with one sheet of egg-crate foam (I used that on the top panel).

It also comes with a cable you can use to secure it......It will loop around one of the metal loops on the back of my seats (ZX5). Or you could permanently secure it to the back of a seat with a bunch of sheet metal screws. This is going to work good.....You open it with a few buttons, or a key. Has AA batteries for the Digital programmable lock. I like it.

See less See more
#30 ·
Heh...you just need to practice at it. Your hand passes right past that spot as you exit.....it doesn't take much extra movement to pull the gun out as you're standing up. It does take guts to defend yourself.

The alternative around here is to lose your car....and sometimes your life.

#33 ·
Yep...... I'm in the process of constructing a permanently mounted lock-box in the hatch, bolted to the back of a seat. I'd like to disguise it with carpet (or something). Stay tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.