Focus Fanatics Forum banner

rocky roads, suspension

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Geezer 
#1 ·
I drive in NYC (staten island in particular)...and umm lets jsut say the roads are not smooth at all, maybe if i get lucky some of the roads will be smooth in the desolate areas.

But to my main question, I want to know how I can improve my current very rough ride to a smoother ride, i have a 01 zx3 with stock suspension looking to see whats the best suspension setup to get to improve the rough ride. Suggestions? I was looking at the Eibach setup any1 think i should go with sumtin else?

#2 ·
if you just want a smoother ride, the eibach system isn't for you. it's too stiff, the ride would be worse. i recommend getting some tein springs, the L-tech spring rates are suprisingly close to stock and the drop is minmal, maybe like 1 inch.

also, do you have rims? rim can cause a rough ride as well due to the stiffer sidewall and lower profile. i'm from new orleans, so your roads can't be worse than mine, trust me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.