1. I got the tune from focus power, toms tune.
4. I've had the tune installed for 2 months
5. Well, the tune took about a month to get to me from the date I paid for it(paypal). After a long wait I was excited to get the tune. So the day it got in I installed it in my car. From reading other reviews I thought it would be a breeze, but it wasn't. It took about an hour and a half to save my original tune and load the custom tune. It failed twice to backup the factory tune. On the 3rd try it worked, after that it took maybe 10 minutes to load the custom tune. I was starting to get VERY worried, but like I said, eventually it loaded.
After the tune loaded I started the car and the exhaust note was much different, it was a little more smooth and not as raspy. When I took it for a spin I was dissapointed, it didn't seem like much had changed besides the DSI kicking in around 5500rpms. That being said, 2 months after I loaded it I'm VERY happy I did. From 3k rpms up the car pulls much harder. You can easily bark the tires shifting into 2nd gear when you're on it. Cold starts are nearly as bad. On a cold day my rpms would go to 2500rpms, sometimes more. Now they go to 1500rpms and then come down to about 950rpms. 1st gear is much easier to manage from a dead stop, the lag is still there but not nearly as bad. I don't notice any surging anymore either.
The one bad thing about the tune I can see is that is running rich. You can really tell around 2000-2300 rpms because the exhaust gurgles like a mad man. It sounds good, but usually thats a sign of urburnt fuel in the exhaust. My gas milage has dropped as well. I drive 50\50 city and highway. I used to get about 32mpg if I was real easy on the gas. Now I get 29.5 on the nose, though I did test this in december and it was running winter blend gas. That could account for a mpg or two. Straight city driving I'm now down to 24mpg because I cruise around 2000-2500rpm in the city. Either way, still better than the window sticker milage. I'm sure I dyno tune you sure up the A\F ratio without much of a problem either.
Overall I'm happy with the tune, even if it does cost so much. I would do it again.
6. Tom was ok to deal with. It was kind of hard getting ahold of him, but I was mostly trying to contact him by PM's and email. I never called him. Like I said, it took about a month to get the tune, but Tom said there was a screw up on diablo's end with the predators.
7. No dyno's. :( But I will get a A\F reading when I do so I can lean it out a little.
2002 Sonic blue SVT. CFM High Flow Cat, FS Cool flo intake, toms tune, eibach pro system.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.