Focus Fanatics Forum banner

"Official" Hawaii Photo Thread

191K views 1K replies 59 participants last post by  808zx5 
#1 · (Edited)
Post Up Pics of your ride here. I'm pretty sure I'm probably the only one of two green ZTS's riding around on Oahu. You never know, we may run into each other someday. Here's pictures of my ride. I know I show these alot, so I'll post some new ones when I get the time to shower....damn dust. [:p]

New Pictures to Come Soon.

See less See more
#246 ·
^^ that's it?? well it still sucks but you should see my sideskirts....... I guess they've met the curb a few times [:p]

#247 ·
sad to see that ryan.

but if it makes you feel better, i have TWO dents on the passenger rocker.

and a messed up PDR fix by my gas door.

i want a lip kit to hide the rockers and front bumper scuffs =p.

btw folks, i WILL do a manual swap this year. im collecting parts. But id rather source a trans, ecu, harnesses, flywheels etc from oahu [wrenchin].

#254 ·
Haha all good! Get the ST170 foglights, those things are hella cool. Oh and are you still planning on buying MK1 parts from Sascha? I noticed he doesn't have fenders up for sale anymore...hope he doesn't pull the Euro-stock bumpers from the site

#255 ·
You better get whatever parts you can now because they will be rare - very rare.

The header should be off this week!

I won't be getting any parts right now from Sascha mainly because this current economy makes purchasing parts overseas and paying for shipping not a wise decision. I plan to save now and hopefully when everything settles down I'll see what he has left.

#257 ·
*sound of cat fight* his lip kit MINE!!!! nah lol.

i plan on goin euro stock too, but with the 98 style front bumper and RS clears.

the parts i wanted to order from sascha woulda been close to 700. but thats headlights, bumper, deflector, and rs side repeaters.

currently i have on order the INFO turn signal arm, and euro hvac.

i might not have the fuel computer, but i plan to make the info button flash my highs.

i also have my pedals, manual crank angle sensor and manual brake reservoir comin in

#260 ·
well ok I took some pics of my damage. :p

hey at least your sideskirt damage is straight...... mine's all effed up :p

first shows the driver's side, with all it's little tiny dings (nothing wrong)

Then this shows the passenger side, compared to the other side [:(]

and a close up of that stupid stuff.....LOL.

#263 ·
ooh btw, what ya swappin with? I'm absolutely fine with anyone doing the SVT swap in their sedan now.... cause I'm puttin that Taurus engine in there instead [thumb]

#264 ·
Not sure, yet. I'm kinda thinking about going Dtec 23, just because of the availability of parts, both OE and Aftermarket. And I'm saving for the widebody, It's only a bit over $1000.00 with shipping, and My Pro Shop Guy said He'd do the install for $150.00, and the swap for $1500.00...

Dammit, this car's getting expensive...

#265 ·
J, I hate to say this........but I think you have me sold on that widebody kit... (meh I'm sure they'll make more of them) actually no, I lied....(don't like the rear bumper, too much difference on the left side to allow me to do my dual exhaust setup.....

ok announcing everything I'm doing....

so it was my original plan to copy massive's SVT sedan (for the most part) by getting Machs, the SVT front bumper, sideskirts, and interior, and a SAP rear end..... well now I've got my original Idea that I now believe I'm sticking to [thumb]

From F2:
RS front bumper (looks like it doesn't change whether it is the wide body or not.....)
00-04 front fender flares
05-07 rear fender flares

then from some other places I guess:
05-07 SAP rear bumper
05-07 rear fenders, taillights, and trunk lid

then the rest:
3.0L V6 02 Taurus Engine (rebuilding myself)
SVT contour cams
02 (or so) cougar or contour MTX-75
00 Contour SVT ECU
Nautilus turbo kit (with upgrade to intercooled and higher psi.... pushing close to 400whp)
SVT focus....recaro leather seats [hihi]
that Ghia focus map light
Mach's with HID
Euro "triangle" turn signals on the front fender
whole car repaint, but to stock color (pinstriping MAY be reapplied [hihi])
a nice black and dark gray w/ silver accents interior
02 cougar gauge, fully functional
a guage pillar pod (cause of the turbo :D)
Custom fabricated dual outlet magnaflow exhaust (hopefully I can find the same or similar tips I have, cause I love my current one [:D])
SVT "Dark Argent" EAPs
of course all other necessary parts to make it work :B
and whatever else I may have forgotten!! [:p]

oh, also any little bulbs will be replaced with some LED's, like in the map light, any turn signals, and (if I get the chance) I may even take the taillights apart, paint the reflective material black, and built an LED kind of circuit board thing so I have LED tails, kinda like you ZX guys have [:p]

#267 ·
oh, can't forget lol..... gotta get the euro front grill as well [thumb]

^^ I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong, that those wheels are from a stock ST from Europe..... they look familiar. but yeah that car is hot.... I love it too [thumb]

#270 ·
I have the rear dome light! I bought it from eBay UK before I found out it was also installed on some NA foci. It helps so much having a light back there at night, along with the cold cathode lights I installed under my seats and in the footwells.

#271 ·
^^ hmm, now there's an idea...... well ok I lied then, no wait I didn't lol... well you know what I mean, cause I only have that switch between door, on, and off.... but it's got the little sections for it (I love how ford puts these little "hints" on everything, like 'hey, look, this is what you could do with your car' it was that way with the eyelids, I just followed this line that was on the lens itself [:p]) but yeah, I always wondered why there was no rear dome light, so I like that idea..... maybe get ANOTHER map light for the back? that'd be new, huh? [:D]

#273 ·
nah rear map light has been done before on these forums lol. I just decided to get the oval dome light for the back because it's a bit more genuine.

REALLY????? is it prewired??

hot damn. theres one on ebay.co.uk now!

i was sketchy about installing one.

oh, and i have euro hvac, front defrost, and my info turnsignal arm coming. cheehee!!
The dome lamp plugs are the same for the front and back so it was just a matter of splicing the rear dome to the front. Pretty easy [strongman]

And where did you get your euro HVAC and defrost? Are you also getting the entire radio bezel with the clock? Are the turn signal arms different?

#274 ·
Sent you a PM. I bought the defrost and hvac from the same guy, and it was a really good deal! considering that euro hvacs go for like what, $70 bucks?? i got both for less than half that...

Heres the turn signal arm. It has the INFO button to cycle thru the fuel computer system. Some trims came with the fuel system in the place of the SVT aux gauges. I actually found a full conversion from spain for LHD, but it was hella expensive, so i didnt get it.

#276 ·
you know that sequence you can shuffle through when you hold the trip button down? it pretty much does that with a few other stuff, like washer fluid level. Heres a list of all the cycles.

The pin for the button is pin number 10 i think. im gonna try and wire it so when i get st170s, it flashes my highs only, and not the lows.

#277 ·
so i got a qoute from f2 about shipping here the rs standarad kit. they said will be about $230. add on the 856 for the kit. thats a butt load just for the kit. then painting! ohh man. by then ill be broke. haha but someone did contact me about a JMS lip kit just the front and rear. just need to find the skirts..

whatchu think!? pretty sick

#280 ·
I think F2 has had problems in the past with not shipping orders and with poor packing procedures. I recall one person saying how he received his bumper literally folded in half [scratch].

But this was before, I can't really say how things are with them now. Just a heads up.

#281 ·
Yeah, but I like adding the Euro touch to my Focus. With a cougar swap, it'd feel too domesticated for me. If I could have it my way, I'd actually import a Focus from Europe (or Mexico), rather than build mines up. But then again, where's all the fun in "putting together the puzzle"? [;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.