Focus Fanatics Forum banner

NNJR SCCA Wants you to drive @ NJMP

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Schroeder02 
#1 ·
NNJR SCCA wants you to drive @ NJMP Lightning course
The NNJR SCCA is hosting a National SCCA Road Racing event on the weekend of 8/24 at New Jersey Motorsports Park Lightning Course.

NNJR SCCA is looking to have 2 sessions on Sunday as a PDE (Performance Driving Event). This will be open to anybody, SCCA members or not. Convertibles must have roll bars. The cost for this would be only $100 per driver with a max 100 cars. You would be running on the 1.9 mile Lightning course, you will have approx 1.5 hours of track time. This is a good chance to try the track out and get a real feel of road racing. First timers will have instructors in the car with them.

If you are an SCCA member, come out Fri-Sun and you can volunteer during the races, such as flagging, staging, or many other fields we could use help in.

PLEASE if you are interested in this please respond on this forum..
The thread ::
http://autox4u.com/autox4uforum/showthread.php?tid=113

No SCCA membership required.

#2 ·
Hmmm I may have to see if I can make this. You can’t beet 1.5 hours of track time for 100 bucks.

#5 ·
I see this filling up super fast just looking at the dates I’d have to get my new knuckle in the car next week. Hopefully I’ll get it today.

#6 ·
This link has a tentative schedule posted for the PDX showing two run session if they are going get close to having a 100 cars registered and have all the cars in one run group it sound like this well end up being a train wreck, or 45 minutes of parade laps. We’ll have to see as info is posted

thttp://www.nescca.com/nescca_main/regannoucenjmp.html

#7 ·
It could be very interesting. It's not that expensive for track time (on whats probably still the nations newest racetrack), but with 100 cars? I would hope that NNJR would have their S in order to charge & bring this size of a crowd to the track for more then parade laps.

I would love to attend but have a feeling I won't be able to. Can't get to Englishtown, can't get to Millvile, WTF MATE!?!?![?|]

#8 ·
Well they up dated the information a bit they will be splitting it into two run groups advanced and Novice, so that’s good news. I was worried they would have novices mixed with advanced and that’s never a good combination, but they still don’t have it all worked out yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.