Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2009 Focus Coupe Redesign Opinion

• I like it.

Votes: 210 38.0%
  • It's a step in the right direction, but not there yet.

Votes: 206 37.3%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 109 19.7%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 27 4.9%

2009 Coupe

63K views 153 replies 131 participants last post by  whmoore18 
#1 ·
See less See more
#60 ·
lets see the ford st thats all we need to say that car is like a svt but better looking truely sad they dont release that car over here it would do really well especially with people going to more fuel efficient smaller vehicles. they are totalling screwwing up the focus i dont know what they are trying to do but i dont know why the us is always getting stuck with such ugly vehicles. we got rights you know!!!

#67 ·
I like the fact they darkend all the chrome crap and I personally like the wing but I still dont really like it completely. The only reason why the front may look photoshoped is the resize. Click to go full size and it looks fine. I dont like how the bumper is on the corners with the fogs though. Dont like that indention that was subtracted.

#76 ·
ok i might be crazy but i saw a 08 or newer focus on the raod the other day i believe it was a four door, it was red and it had dark argents on it and spoiler on the back not the one in the pic but one on the trunk lid. it had the reg. still in the window.
first 09 sighting????

#80 ·
get rid of the "bar" grille and match it with the lower grille, i think that would help a lot. other wise, its gettin there. they just gota make the jump to the new RS.

#81 ·
Just my opinion.. From what I see, Focus always being related with Hatchback (WRC, Europe, and even Here), so to see a 2008/2009 focus without any hatchback option, just making me thinking; is this a focus?? really?

*Ow I remember someone photochopped this 2009 focus to a hatchback, and I think it looks kinda better (eventho it makes the car looks like Subaru) he3

#82 ·
This car seems geared toward someone other than the 'tuner' crowd. I do think this car is a little better than the 08, but it has strange perportions, the 17's look sooo small on this car and it is too tall for where a traditional coupe should sit. I grew up seeing slammed Civics, Del Sols (slows). Then there was the Mark VIII and the Mustang SN95. Those coupe style cars sat LOW and looked mean. People have been stuffing 17s and 18s under there and they look GIANT.

This car from jump street seemed redesigned to appeal to a different crowd then us fanatics. The new Fiesta and hopefully the new MkIII Focus will lean towards our favor in agressive appearance and competive all-around performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.