06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
What I Drive: toxic waste
FF Reputation: 106
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14
HOW-TO: Changing Manual Transmission Fluid
This is pretty simple, but I figured since there wasn't already a write-up, I'd take a couple pics of the job.
Jack & jack stands
8mm hex key
Funnel w/ tubing (preferred)
2.1 quarts of your favorite, fully synthetic MTX fluid
I bought some BG Synchro Shift II, I swear by it- it'll make your transmission shift like butter. You can get it at Mitsubishi dealerships, or online
1) First off, you'll want to jack up the driver's side of the car (You'll get better results draining the transmission if you just jack up this side, as the drain plug faces the passenger side). USE JACK STANDS!
2) Here's a picture facing the transmission from the front of the car. Using your 8mm hex key, check to make sure you can untighten the fill plug first. Just crack it loose, but don't unscrew it.
3) On the left side of the transmission, just in front of the rear motor mount, the drain plug resides. Use the 8mm hex key and unscrew it.
4) After it has completely drained (approx 5-10 mins), tighten the plug back on. Make sure it's snug and a little extra, but not he-man tight. Now use the funnel and tubing to fill the transmission from the fill hole. Make sure you use 2.1 quarts. Yes, that means having to buy three.
5) Tighten this plug down the same as the drain plug, lower the car, and enjoy your smoother-shifting transmission.
2015 Honda Fit LX 6 spd, stock
2015 Porsche Cayman S w/ mods..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.