Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Add Yourself to the Focus Fanatics Map!!

21K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  focuztyle 
#1 ·
http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/focusfanatics

You may have seen this in the General Chat Forum, but it appears I am the only one that has put myself on it. Let's get the Ball rolling and get the most Foci's in one state. We still have a chance [;)]

#3 ·
Seems we got 4 people on it, anymore?

Who's who?

#5 ·
It will soon flourish!!! [;)]

#6 ·
whats up guys, my names larry and i live on maui...sounds like you guys are fully into your focus, i'm modifying my entire car myself and wouldn't mind hooking up with others guys that have the same kind of car and that he knows what he's talking about..anywayz hit me up

#9 ·
finally found the spot where da locals stay. i just recently got an '02 SVTF. seems like previous owner(from FL.) added a TB and a cone filter jimmy rigged onto the factory MAF tubing and aftermarket side skirts and rear fascia. other than that, SVT stock. looking to add steeda SRI.

anyone got the SCT or Diablo tuning done? debating which one i should use.

lastly, just getting reamed on parts shipping. dey make like hawaii not part of the u.s.! haha... anyone know where to get hooked up on parts? just want some OEM headlights and couple other small things to recondition my SVTF.

i'll keep my eye out on this thread to see if guys on o'ahu getting together. i'm in waimanalo...

anyway mahaloz!

#10 ·
Yeah it's hard getting parts from people on the mainland. This forum's B-S-T section is great for part hunting, especially if you wanna negotiate shipping prices with the seller. eBay is a complete rip-off most of the time.

#12 ·
^ lol at the duty tax hehe

My Focus

Pics of my ride that I posted up over a week ago. There's another local guy (Random Select) that you'll see commenting on the post. I think we're the only three people from Hawaii posting on this forum haha[headbang]

G
#13 ·
so this is where everyones hiding yeah i hate the shipping thing and just geting rims is a pain you tell em hey i need 4-108 and they look at you like you just asked if they would suck you off. then they wanna add like 4 bills to the price cause its special order anyway hit me up

#14 ·
Go to tirerack.com. They charged me like $50 a wheel (fully inflated) to ship here via FedEx. Still expensive, but better than what most other people on the mainland would offer. Or you could look locally. There's someone on ForumsHawaii that was selling his rims a few months ago...don't know if it's still for sale though.

#15 ·
4door SVT

hey did you guys see the infra red 4door svtf for sale on craigslist? looks like a schweet deal! too bad i already got one, even if it is a hatchback. haha! i think it's still better looking than bumble bee, which is still listed, down to $7500.

i haven't seen any activity here lately, including myself. lot's of OT to be had... laters!

#18 ·
hey did you guys see the infra red 4door svtf for sale on craigslist? looks like a schweet deal! too bad i already got one, even if it is a hatchback. haha! i think it's still better looking than bumble bee, which is still listed, down to $7500.

i haven't seen any activity here lately, including myself. lot's of OT to be had... laters!
I saw it on saturday (on craigslist)...I'd take it if it weren't Red haha. I only like white or black.

And I am not at all suprised the bumble bee is still on there haha

#19 ·
yea i don't care for red either. there's another '03 4door svtf just added at CL. silver, but got 72,xxx miles. i've only driven mine barely 500 miles since getting it back in may. keep me posted on the next G2G, hopefully it won't coincide with my OT. laters...

#23 ·
I live on Oahu in Salt Lake. My new years resolution is to fix up my Focus. I just bought a SVT air box assembly. What are the good places near me to do a dyno? How much do they usually cost? I want to dyno my car before I add anything to it, especially when I add the SVT air box assy. Also I bought a SVT MAS and housing so I will need to get a tune, don't I need to get a dyno tune or just a regular tune?

#24 ·
[welcome] You gonna get a dyno before you add an intake? Personally, I'd say save your dyno money until you add some big HP add-ons (turbo). I have practically every bolt on mod for my car, and although the butt-dyno tells me the car feels faster, a real dyno pull would probably say otherwise. I even did the 1/4 mile @ Hawaii Raceway Park before and after I installed intake/exhaust, and my times were negligible. I spent close to $1000 on bolt on mods:

$450 Magnaflow Cat-Back
$150 Custom 2.25" Flex Pipe
$175 AEM CAI
$114 Focus Central 60MM Throttle Body
$135 50% UDP (sold last summer)

Even after all that money, and so called "performance" adders, my car is still slow as sh!t. After installing the exhaust, all I got was a nice sounding Focus. Take a lesson from me...don't waste your money on bolt on mods [headbang]

#25 ·
Yeah but do you feel a difference even by the seat of your pants? I'm sure after all the mods you've done you gotta feel a HP difference. What you should do is add an intake manifold to work as a team with the exhaust, intake and throttle body you added. Is your mass air flow sensor's housing diameter wider than stock? Did you get a tune after all your upgrades? It's not about certain mods you add but how your whole engine works as a team.

My dad used to drag race and he couldn't stress that point to other racers enough. They used to buy expensive parts and have the best vehicles but they couldn't figure out how his cheap ass vehicle with cheap mods could beat them. It's all about how you upgrade your engine evenly. If you have 1 bad (cheap or un-upgraded) horse of a team of six and the other 5 horses (race horses) take up the slack it will slow up the whole team. Hell, the bad horse may as well be a donkey. I've also heard from a lot of people on this site that an exhaust manifold is one of the best upgrades you can do to a focus.

With the mods you have I suspect you need to buy a few more things and you will be king of the streets=) But what do I know? I didn't learn too much because my dad was always out to sea. I'm just learning about engines now but feel this is my calling. My di** gets hard everytime I work on a engine, I guess like father like son.

I'm still wondering about dyno's in Oahu and how much they cost, anybody know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.