Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#5,066 ·
i might be interested in the cams thing, ill just have to know how much the cams r going to cost. also where would me do them? im guessing this involves some kind of liquids being spilled so my home is out. im also willing to drive somewhere
Scotty I am going to be frank here. It might come off rude, but take it as you will.

You need to have a plan mapped out for your car. Throwing random mods at your car because they sound cool and everyone else is doing them is stupid. You will actually hurt performance without having mods that work together. You do not need the header until you have the rest of the exhaust. It will be useless without the rest. Cams will kill the performance of your car. You will have an intake, header and cams. You are missing half of the mods that you should have.

Research and figure out what you want to do. Ask questions, look at other peoples approach. Get proven mods, look at peoples dyno sheets and the combos that they have. Some cars are faster with intake and exhaust with supporting mods than cars with cams and stuff. It all depends on what mods and how well they play off each other.

If you do intake, do the TB. If you are going to do a header, do flex, and cat back. Coil and wires. Do the basics before you get crazy with hard things. I hate to see you dump money on your car and hurt the performance. Also you will want to get a tune, because your car is weak stock, you need to run a tune to firm your shifts, and help your car function without blowing up.

#5,068 ·
#5,069 ·
^^^ sweet i think my neighbor may actually have that stuff! so we could just use it for free i'm actually hoping he'll help me do the cam install since he's a GM engineer and had a twin turbo vette before he upgraded to a "more reliable" c5 corvette

#5,070 ·
Scotty I am going to be frank here. It might come off rude, but take it as you will.

You need to have a plan mapped out for your car. Throwing random mods at your car because they sound cool and everyone else is doing them is stupid. You will actually hurt performance without having mods that work together. You do not need the header until you have the rest of the exhaust. It will be useless without the rest. Cams will kill the performance of your car. You will have an intake, header and cams. You are missing half of the mods that you should have.

Research and figure out what you want to do. Ask questions, look at other peoples approach. Get proven mods, look at peoples dyno sheets and the combos that they have. Some cars are faster with intake and exhaust with supporting mods than cars with cams and stuff. It all depends on what mods and how well they play off each other.

If you do intake, do the TB. If you are going to do a header, do flex, and cat back. Coil and wires. Do the basics before you get crazy with hard things. I hate to see you dump money on your car and hurt the performance. Also you will want to get a tune, because your car is weak stock, you need to run a tune to firm your shifts, and help your car function without blowing up.
Hey Chaney care to critque my mod list and order?
1. Tune
2. SVT Header/ORP/2.5 Flex/2.5 Borla
3. SVT Intake Swap (i've got everything and could do it for free) or ported 2k and 65mm tb
4. Stage 2 Cams/Adj. Cam Gears/Dyno Tune
does that seem like a decent order? is there something else i should get before the cams go in?
o and i've already got plugs and wires done and I can get new retunes anytime i need

#5,071 ·
Hey Chaney care to critque my mod list and order?
1. Tune
2. SVT Header/ORP/2.5 Flex/2.5 Borla
3. SVT Intake Swap (i've got everything and could do it for free) or ported 2k and 65mm tb
4. Stage 2 Cams/Adj. Cam Gears/Dyno Tune
does that seem like a decent order? is there something else i should get before the cams go in?
o and i've already got plugs and wires done and I can get new retunes anytime i need
What is the current mods on car and projected timeline for the parts you have listed?? Also details on car specs. I don't remember everyones cars

#5,073 ·
Oh chaney are you offering your critique to mods and plans? If so ill post mine up. All though mine are pretty obvious b/c of boost lol.

What is your thought of doing like stg 2 cams and then dialing out the overlap when you boost. I know you can do turbo grind cams but they are too much, if its a bad idea then i would just keep stock.

Woot, ordered those plate lights for myself and brad.

#5,074 ·
What is the current mods on car and projected timeline for the parts you have listed?? Also details on car specs. I don't remember everyones cars
right now its a 2000 zx3 with atx its got the svt intake box and snorkle and a focus central UPD other than that its all stock motorwise...umm timeline wise i dont know....over the next month and a half or so??? something like a mod a week added??? heres the list again
1. Tune (coming next week)
2. SVT Header/ORP/2.5 Flex/2.5 Borla the week after the tune
3. SVT Intake Swap (i've got everything and could do it for free) or ported 2k and 65mm tb (could do the svt swap anytime i've got everything already)
4. Stage 2 Cams/Adj. Cam Gears/Dyno Tune (probably around the end of may)

#5,075 ·
I would honnestly wait for on the tune. Nothing you are doing will need the tune. Then why pay the price for a tune from tom for a month, then go pay dyno tuning money a month later.

I would do the header and exhaust, then the 2k and 65 (what brand tb), then do cams and gears. then go get a dyno tune with the xcal.

Also on the buckets, i have a line up on those, if you pay shipping both ways you will get a box of buckets, like 30 or so, and put your stock ones back in. Let me know when you ready and I'll get you in touch with the man with the box o buckets if he has them or has them out on assignment.

#5,076 ·
I am gunna slap you Wales. Is Doug going to help you put your header on? Have you ever heard a header on a car without and exhaust? Look it up and then decide.
slap me for what? i thought it wouldn't mater so much but okay. ill just wait to put the exhaust and header on at once. and i was just asking about the cams, i don't know much about them, thats why i was asking about it.
thanks chaney, there was nothing bad bad what u said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.