Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which line for vaccum??? (BOV)

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  paulicat 
#1 ·
Are any of these vaccum lines??? Which one can I use to tap into for a BOV?

See less See more
#3 ·
im confused, why do you still have EGR if you have a turbo?

For the record, the one going into the top of the egr valve will work for vac. The other two come off the EGR tube straight from the header... which in theory you dont have one...

#6 ·
The one going into the top of the EGR will not work. It receives it's vacuum from the EVR mounted on the firewall. The EVR is a electro-pneumatic pulse width modulated solenoid. The EVR for practical purposes, is a computer controlled air bleed, varying the vacuum signal to EGR to control the lift of the EGR pintle. At times this line will have little or no vac. as compared to the manifold vac. So it is not a place where you would want to tie into for a signal to BOV.

#5 ·
gotcha, slipped my mind and i didnt read his sig

in that case, enjoy! and please use a blow-through maf, we dont want to be dumping metered air

might as well delete EGR while youre in there too lol

#20 · (Edited)
LOL OMG I feel like a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] now....look at the pic in post #14. I actually tee'd it from the evap itself to the BOV instead of just hooking the vac line to the BOV (which I just figured out and which is why I feel like an idiot). Well I hooked it up correctly and it works now and sounds awesome! Not loud at all.

#23 ·
Ok look at the pic in post #14. You see that line that the red arrow is pointing to? Pull that off and plug it into your BOV. Mine was short so I bought a little connector at autozone and connected about a foot and a half of the vac line that came with the BOV and plugged that into the BOV.

It's not open at idle. It will open when it recieves instant vac, like when you rev it up and let off the pedal. I have my bov backed all the way soft.

Make sure your tuner turns that evap off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.