Focus Fanatics Forum banner

First Time Autocrossing!

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Nye 
#1 ·
Ok, so today they had a autocross school type thing today. In the morning they had three stations set up, the figure 8, braking, and the slalom. After we did all three about 7 times we breaked for food while they set up the autocross track. So I ended up being the time/score keep for the first group. They all ran most times were 40-42ish. The fastest time of the day was a 36 something by a S2000 that arrived on a trailer. Well my three times were 41.1, 42.xx, 41.xx with a 1 cone penalty. After I finished I asked a guy that really knew how to drive a FWD car. He got in said it was his first time driving a focus and ran a 39.1. He said he could have gotten into low 38 high 37. The fastest 350z ran a low 39. So I will probably be going back tommorow for the autocross competition. My hands just stoped shaking from the rushes that I had. So much fun, btw I dont know why people rag automatics, I think the auto performed pretty good. I just manually shifted it.

#2 ·
Congrats on your new obsession!!!![driving][race] autocross is a rush, and you don't loose your licence..lol
Your not the only one with an auto on here that races so don't sweat it.[thumb]
my wife will be rockin a ATX Wagon this year on track HS. this will be her second year out, last year she got rookie of the year first season out in a thunderbird T/C...can't wait to see how she does in the focus...a real car...[hihi]

#4 ·
Congrats on having the cojones to get out there and spin the wheel. I can't seem to get enough of the auto-x, and it seems everyone else in this area with a focus cant stand too.

Rawr, like it was said above it is a addiction- If you plan it right, you can find a auto-x event every weekend, and sometimes more so depending on your location!

#6 ·
i love auto-x. where else can you proposly drive like a flat out lunatic and not get busted?
i ahve a feeling it whats keeping me sane lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.