Focus Fanatics Forum banner

03 Focus Svt

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Peregrine 
#1 ·
hello everyone. i was out yesterday in my focus just messing around and i could barely get it to spin tires. it starts to but then acts like it doesnt have the power and start bogging down. i was wondering if the svt focus stock just dont have the power to roast the tires. i turned off the traction control and it still wouldnt do it. can any one help because my cousin is a honda fan and thinks that the svt focus is junk and would get smoked by civics all day long. i want to prove him wrong. thanks

#2 ·
that would be your traction control not letting you. even if u push that magic no TC button you still gonna get it. has nothing to do with power.

trust me an svt focus has enough power to roast lol.

#4 ·
thats funny... my svt spins the tires when asked... and under hard acceleration they break loose towards the top of 1st gear... granted i havent tried to smoke the tires, but if your friend is judging a cars performance by its ability to waste tires, then he is pretty stupid, the svt's ability to maintain traction is one of its greatest advantages.... also tell him to put up or shut up and race one of his precious civics against your svt, this car really shines on a tight track, not in the burn-out pit

#6 ·
It will spin tires fine even stock. Your TC is keeping you from it. Btw, just tell your cousin to shut it. Honda people like that are some of the worst "enthusiats" because they think they're cars are superior to every other 4cyl econo car. Stock for stock an SVT will walk on most Honda's aside from GSR intergra's, Si's, and RSX's which it will still put up a fight if not win if driven right. Elitist Honda drivers are like the retarded kid brother of the automotive enthusiats.

#11 ·
put that darn fuse back in there. its labeled "ABS" for a reason! by removing this fuse, you are shifting you brake bias to 50/50. and removing the ABS function. this is not a good thing. use the search button for that.

to completely remove TC the right way is to buy a Tune from Focus-Power.com (Tom)

#10 ·
^^and at the same time have your axles yell at you.

oh and i concur, tell your cuz to shut it.
did you ever think that maybe your not that good of a driver? spinning the wheels is really easy for the SVT.
does your SVT have the TC button on the console between the seats?

#12 ·
My svt still tries to break loose every now n then especially when accelerating through a turn. And lemme tell you the tc light just starts a blinkin! Plenty of power to get them spinnin

#13 ·
My car is basically stop, and I can easily break them loose. I run Toyo Proxes 4s which are fairly sticky. My car will also squack (sp) from 1st to 2nd if I'm in it hard...

#14 ·
I work for honda, i can tell you straight up there absolute garbage. The amount of cars that we get off the truck are missing parts, have codes, cracked spark plugs, i've seen it all. Honda has got on the bandwagon of "quantity not quality". I was raised with fords and thats were i will say. By the way i spin my bridgestone blizzack snowtires on my SVTF with ease haha.

#17 ·
Racing in a Hondas like the special olympics.. even if you your still retarded. Just take the dual mass flywheel out it gets noisey but worth it .You can stomp almost any honda stock for stock but my 95 sohc 5spd neon is still faster than the svt focus its been proven against 5 svt focus's LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.