Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Winter Upgrades

4K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Egz 
#1 ·
Anyone else have plans to upgrade/mod/fix their car over the Winter?

I'm looking at a new set of Rota's, RE-01R's, Struts and maybe a high flow cat.

#2 ·
Turbo, cause boost is fun! !!!!!!!!!!! and the best part is I can stay in street modified. I don't need the extra power , but straight aways should be more interesting for sure! I think I need bigger..or better brakes after driving my friends roush stang..wow it's nice to drive deeper into the corner before braking. I'm thinking Hawk HP+ pads.

#16 ·
...... I'm thinking Hawk HP+ pads.
Do it, especially if you track the car. I have HP Plus pads on my ST and that thing stops on a dime. The only downside is when they aren't hot they are LOUD as hell. Sounds like you are driving around and stopping on the metal backing plates.

Ask a few people that have been on the track with me. I've actually made people light headed from stopping so fast with these pads.

As for upgrades to the car though, I have to yank the transmission out of the ST and get the 3rd gear synchro replaced. I sorta kinda fried it the last track day of the year, high rpm shifts are now grindy. heheh So more then likely it's going to Terry Haines and getting fully rebuilt for the abuse I put it through on road courses. [8D]

#4 ·
I've got Corbeau seats and 5-point harnesses ready to go in once I get my Autopower rollbar.
Debating on my wheel options - maybe 16in wheels to share for AX and track, or 15in to go as light as possible and keep using the stockers on track.
Got an in dash display that I'm going to put in and have a CarPC for onboard datalogging (MaxQGPS) - if the guy ever sends me the cables for it.
LCR race plates go on Sat!

#5 ·
I was planning on Koni Yellow's, custom cat-back, and a set of r comps. Need every edge I can get on otto's damn mini's!
but depending on how finances fall, and what uncle sam sends me back for a tax return I may just look into some boost~

#11 ·
I was considering EBC blanks and hawk pads, but I may opt for a removeable subwoofer and amp setup instead... time will tell...

In the long run, im saving up for the almighty mtx swap with LSD [grinking] im so tired of doing 1-wheel burnouts out of every corner...

SM aint so bad, i dunno why people talk down to me so much "oh whatd you do to get in SM??" ...its not always about horsepower... and autox'ers should know this more than anyone!!

#12 ·
^^dude, SM is awsome I've been doing sm for 2 years now & love it. it forces you to be a faster driver !! Good luck to ev eryone in the comming summer, I know I can't wait!!! so farr away!

#14 ·
^i guess lol

me my pans are as follows, but who knows if any of this will happen, hell maybe next year ill just run in HS!

coilover kit
rear sway addon
some nice lightweight wheels 16 or 17s dunno yet maybe get a dedicated track set!
and a lot of engine work

chance of all that=5percent pending of a good job lol

#15 ·
Full front-end rebuild (Cervini hood, Euro fenders, '02 Facelift/ST170 bumper), rear '02 Facelift/ST170 bumper and reverse lights and a complete respray courtsey of my future father-in-law in John Deere "blitz black" semi-matte black paint. Although that'll be more like March-April...

#18 ·
Putting in svt suspension and svt grey euro rims.svt front bumper and rear also having painted wing for back lip. installing a roof rack. putting 3m clear bra for the front once bumpers are on,k&n short ram intake and magnaflow catback exhaust and putting a capacitor wired into my system.i have all the stuff just need to get home to do it.

#19 ·
new tires (bridgestone g009 on stock 16's), energy suspension full black poly kit, svt suspension upgrade, svt brake upgrade, new hawk HPS pads all around.

took me two weeks cause frpp shortchanged me front hubs and rear spindles for a week. oh and that front sway bar is a bitch to mess around with. and always rtfm FIRST!

oh, and no one in my city sells 31 mm sockets. 1 1/4 is pretty close.

#21 ·
im retiring my (mild) SM car to DD <--the one in the avatar, and im building an FSP car.

So far i have bought or taken from my SM car, but not installed:
chip, coilovers, rear 25mm sway, front strut bar, camber plates, rear camber bolts, pullies, 65mm TB, race seat, fender flares, and i have my 225 kumho V710 on 15" team dynamics pro race 1.

next to come is:
CAI (soon), header & exhaust (soon i hope), crash bolts (maybe), rear strut bar (if i can Fab one up), engine mounts (maybe), and maybe next year 10" wide 15" wheels and 275 hoosiers

#22 ·
2005 front brake swap, replacing all the bolts in the suspension, FocusSport camber plates, and possibly changing out the springs for a stiffer one.

I'm going to be ready for a full season in EP. [8D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.