What I've been up to lately:
- Installed an Innovate LC-1 wideband with square led display.. still figuring out some issues though.
- Moved the vac source of my boost gauge. Now it reads vac and boost.
- Wired up the lights for my gauges because I couldn't see them at night.
I spliced into the dimmable wires of the hvac controls so they dim with the rest of my lights.
- Added a 3" cheapo Summit Racing glasspack (also another thread).
Didn't do much, if anything, to lessen the drone.
I DID however refab the pipes going over my rear crossmember so there are NO more exhaust rattles!
- Routed my catch can vent filter down near the air filter. No more stinky hvac!
- Wrapped my downpipe
Upcoming plans for the next year:
- SPEC stage 3 clutch.
- Torsen Limited Slip Differential
- Something to cure wheel hop.. maybe poly mounts or a torque strap.
- Shorten (cut/weld) wastegate actuator rod to preload spring for even earlier spool
- Stiffer rear springs (has nothing to do with the turbo)
Innovate LC-1 unit:
No it should not read 9.9 after warmed up and running.
If you know why it does please tell me.
EDIT: Fixed. Had to set voltage-to-AF numbers in LC-1 unit for analog out 1.
Inside of a Summit Glasspack:
Random turbo pic: