Start time: ~11:00am
End time: ~1:30am
I finished up the exhaust today.
It took way, way longer than I anticipated.
Getting everything aligned just right by myself, on the garage floor, and making my own hangers from scratch was pretty tough.
I ran into an alignment problem with the IHI wastegate.
Apparently I had the test-fit turbo all tweaked and didn't even notice it.
So tomorrow I have to figure out a way to get my good one aligned properly.
I needed the compressor outlet to face a different direction than on the Tbird so I turned it.
I'll post tomorrow what I come up with.
I also weighed parts today since I'm basically finished with all fab work.
Measurements are with a bathroom scale, so accuracy is definitely not dead on.
Exhaust: 31.4 lb
Header: 17.4 lb
Plastic air intake stuff: 7 lb
: 55.8 lb
IHI turbo: 12.8 lb
Header: 9.4 lb
Down pipe: 5.8 lb
Cat: 6.4 lb
After-cat: 23.2 lb
Intercooler: 8.4 lb
IC pipes: 15.2 lb (steel and painted)
: 72.8 lb
Total does not include weight of couplers, clamps, air filter, oil lines, brass fittings, gauges, and intercooler.
Estimated added weight: ~40 lb
Mid section of exhaust:
Cat with new hanger.
Looks odd but works great.
Full exhaust painted:
Life goes on, will fix tomorrow.