Start time: ~6:45pm
End time: ~10:15pm
Today was another short weekday.
I cleaned and painted my oil catch can.
It was originally chromed, but I personally don't like chrome and it didn't match anything under the hood and stood out like crazy.
I ground off any loose chrome and cleaned it using mineral spirits.
I painted it satin black, which shouldn't really stand out but look nice.
I mounted my MAFia to the battery tray with velcro.
Part of that is so it can be removed to adjust when necessary, and I may go to a lightweight battery later on so no need to permanently mount it to the battery tray.
I installed the 55lb injectors.
Aside from having to huff a lot of gas fumes, this was one of the easiest things I've done so far.
Two 10mm bolts hold in the fuel rail.
Each injectors has a small metal clip that easily pops off using 2 flat head screwdrivers.
That metal clip goes on the new injectors.
I also removed all the stock spark plugs and coated the threads with anti-sieze and then reinstalled them.
I don't want any suprises when I go to get my car tuned, and siezed spark plugs definitely fit that category!
I gapped the Autolite 103 plugs to .035" and set them in the passenger seat so I won't forget them when I go to get my car tuned.
Finally tonight I installed one of the -3AN reusable, swivel hose ends to my oil feed line.
I then ran a test route for the line, screwing the one mounted hose end to the oil sending unit.
This way I can get a clear idea of how much line I have to trim from the 6' section it comes in.
I'll install the other hose end after I trim of the excess.
Catch can before painting:
Catch can after painting:
Autolite copper plugs gapped at .035"
55lb vs stock injectors:
55lb injectors installed with wire adapters:
The 55lb injectors have a plug that works for the Zetec, but requires and adapter for the Duratec.
Oil feed line:
Blurry pic of the day.
Directions on how the hose ends are installed: Aeroquip reusable hose end pdf