Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Custom Turbo

Votes: 42 15.3%
  • TopSpeed Turbo

Votes: 3 1.1%

Official Ford Focus Turbo / Supercharger Kit Feedback

123K views 51 replies 51 participants last post by  radius6 
#1 ·
We're interested in hearing about your turbo or supercharger kit, please take a moment and post your feedback.

If there is a kit missing, feel free and let us know.

Please use only the format below, any other post format will be deleted.

Example

Kit Name: My Turbo Kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 9
Support Rating 1-10: 8
Quality Rating 1-10: 8
Price: $3500.00 (Optional)
Comments: Excellent kit for the money.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kit Name:
Cost Rating 1-10:
Support Rating 1-10:
Quality Rating 1-10:
Price:
Comments:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Kit: Procharger
Cost rating:8,
Support rating:10
Quality rating:8
Comments:
These kits are very efficient and put out great power for the money. Being a dealer, I can also say that their support staff does a wonderful job at listening and correcting anything that we have had issues with. I posted because I used to run one myself and loved the power delivery. Link for pics:
http://www.procharger.com/gallery/showtemp.php?market=5&idx=1289

#3 ·
Kit Name: C-2 Procharger
Cost Rating 1-10: 8
Support Rating 1-10: 10
Quality Rating 1-10: N/A

Comments: Just tideous to change out pulleys and belts when necessary. Other than that, it have great pick up, out of turns, and straigh-aways.

I will also agree on the support staff, I called several times, to get some parts. However, they do have a tech or 2 that don't know what they are doing as Tom found out [:D]

#4 ·
Kit Name: ATI ProCharger "tuner" kit
Support Rating 1-10: 9
Quality Rating 1-10: 9

Overall the kit was expensive, being that it was $3200 out of the box, not including injectors and tuning and the MAFia, but it allowed for me to make the kit my own, in a sense.

Customer support from ProCharger has been very good and they are very nice. As far as getting support from local tuners, sometimes an authorized ProCharger dealer/installer isn't right around the corner, so that's my only complaint on that.

As for quality, everything has good asthetics. Some of the piping didn't fit right, so we had to use some piping from my AEM CAI, but that worked out better because that piping is blue, so it looks nice and adds a "stealth" factor. So far I've done some long distance driving, racing and daily driving and all the parts are holding up quite well. I've even scraped the intercooler and piping a few times, but they are holding firm and still working.

Only big problem I've had so far is my tensioner pulley went out very soon after the kit went on and ripped my accessory belt to shreds. And as it stands right now, I'm getting a very loud squeaking sound from that general area, so I'm afraid it's about to go out again. I
Jason

#5 · (Edited)
Kit Name: Powerworks
Cost Rating: Compared to what else was out there I would say a 9
Support Rating 1-10:Big thanks to PW 10 all the way
Quality Rating 1-10: 10 so far
Price: $$$$ Got a deal/steal though Massive speed systems
Comments: So far so good

I have a Powerworks kit now. Going the motor built and a MSS BBK installed on the blower. I should have it back by the end of the month.

It should be noted that I had a Vortech (8PSI Non I/C) kit before.

More to follow in a few weeks I hope

#6 ·
Kit Name: Focus Sport Stage 2 Turbo (duratec)
Quality Rating 1-10: 10
Price: $4500 after upgrades
Comments: Beautiful kit and puts out excellent power. Probibly one of the best designed kits I have seen. The instructions (even though I really didn't use them that much lol) were very precise and to the point. The parts were quality pieces and worth every penny I payed for the kit. Excellent customer support too! I can't say enough good words about this kit. Honestly there isn't a thing I would change with this kit, aside from throwing in an O2 extension with the kit, it is perfect. It is a little pricey, but considering what I've paid for other things it is worth every single penny spent.

-------------------

Kit Name: Vortech Aftercooled Supercharger (zetec)
Cost Rating 1-10: 7
Support Rating 1-10: 6
Quality Rating 1-10: 7
Price: $3900
Comments: It is a nice kit and put out good power. Installation is definately not for the easily discouraged or the non-mechanically inclined. The instructions are to the point but I did notice mistakes in them when doing the install. A battery relocation to the trunk should have been included in the kit rather then installing it behind the bumper. The air to water to air aftercooler is a very nice setup, although they could have went with a slightly larger heat exchanger for the bumper. Tapping a fuse for the water pump was also kind of cheesy, but that was easily fixed. All in all it is a good kit with good power. For the cost of the kit you should not have to make any modifications to make it more user friendly. With a few minor modifications though it could be a much better kit.

#7 ·
Kit Name: Procharger 8psi kit
Support Rating 1-10:7
Price:$3200
Comments: Had the wrong intake tube in the kit when it arrived but Mike (b16) was able to deal with it and do the install... ATI recommended 42's for the 8psi kit but you actually need bigger injectors. The upgradability and customization of this kit is excellent.

#8 ·
Kit Name: My Bastard "custom" Turbo Kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 10
Support Rating 1-10: 10 ( I got friends that're smart)
Quality Rating 1-10: 10 (lots of custom stuff)
Price: WAY TO MUCH
Comments: Constantly evolving into a more power kit

It feels like..... like being parked in the middle of the highway and getting rear ended by a semi running 100mph [burnout]

#9 · (Edited)
Kit Name: Procharger 8lb pulley kit
Support Rating 1-10:8
Price:$3300
Comments: Procharger because of cost. You will need a few more things to make the system work well with you car. Other then that it a great set up and I'm very happy with it. Now I just need 300+hp [burnout]

#10 ·
Kit Name: Xios Motorworks SVT kit
Price: $4500.00 list, I got a break as a beta tester
Comments: Fantastic kit with great hardware, software, and support for both. Part of me wishes I had gone with my original plan and done the Torsen/Quaife and exhaust before going FI. However, getting an even better deal on the kit as a beta tester made that an easy decision.

#11 ·
Kit Name: Procharger 8PSI SVT kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 10 (but bought it used)
Quality Rating 1-10: if 10 is PW, this is 8
Price: $1700 including 60lb injectors and MAFIA
Comments: I bought this kit used, so far so good....didn't like tubing a lot, did mine own AEM conversion....why 8 for CS ? I called few times...they always helped me...just....few times received different info ;-) But I can't complain for this price....

#12 ·
Kit Name: Roush turbo kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 7
Price: 3499.00
Comments: I love this kit not hard to install if you have some mechanic in you this kit pulls pulls pretty hard from stock but once you get a tune its like a whole different car

#13 ·
Kit Name: Gude Turbo Kit
Support Rating 1-10: 1
Quality Rating 1-10: 2
Comments:
Big mistake. Will never associate with them again. Getting rid of it and going to SSF.

#14 ·
Kit Name: Jackson Racing s/c for the svt
Price: 3000 several years ago. can find for 2300 now
Comments: @5psi and for the price this is a good investment. but with a bbk and good tune its a different story. only problem ever with the one i have was a plug in the manifold coming out causing a vacuum leak. 70,000 on it so far with no problems. installation is very straight forward. overall for maintanance and such this is a very easy kit to take care of and prettymuch maintenance free.

#15 ·
Kit Name: Focus Sport Stage 1
Quality Rating 1-10: 9 1/2
Price: just a tad over $3,000
Comments: The kit is just an outstanding piece of machanices. The kit could not have been put together better than what is has. The kit is very friendly install wise, anyone with a tad bit of general automobile mechanices could install the kit with time. I've driven the car through a harsh winter with no problems, and the power for the money is worth it. Even though the kit is a tad bit pricy the saying quality comes with a price kind of applies here. But i have nothing but good things to say for the support that focus sport will give you on ANYTHING you need.

#16 ·
Kit Name: Procharger Tuner Kit
Cost Rating 1-10: 10 (Bought Used).... would be a tad expensive new (7)
Support Rating 1-10: ? Havent had a need to contact yet.
Price: $2300 (for kit alone), $1500 in extras
Comments: Great power, stealth, would pass for a turbo if i could do it all over again.

#17 ·
Kit Name: Procharger Tuner Kit
Support Rating 1-10: 7, defective pulley spacers, chewed up original mounting plate and pulley. New ones sent at no charge. Did have to send blower off for repair due to leaking oil eal, no cost other than shipping, took a long time for blower to come back as they didn't have me on there as the owner, even though they took that info from me when I initially called. THAT was irritating. Thankfully, I have backup vehicles.
Quality Rating 1-10: 10 Nice kit, instructions are a little lacking in some areas.
Price: $3200 kit only, $700 in extras
Comments: Excellent power for a SC and VERY easy to install. Somewhat loud (gear whine), so people know there's something not stock. In the end...I decided to go with a turbo for more torque sooner in the powerband.

#18 ·
Kit Name: My own custome turbo kit[wrenchin]
Cost Rating 1-10:10 ebay deals
Support Rating 1-10:8 the internet is great for answers most of the time.
Quality Rating 1-10: 10 Any thing that fit I used
Price:less than most
Comments: Building your own kit is vary cost effective if you can weld or a friend that will weld for beer.

#19 · (Edited)
Kit Name: Focus Sport Stage 2 Turbo (ATX)
Price: 3900
Comments: I can't say enough about the FS Stage 2 kit. The kit surprised me at the door the night it came, and right away at 7pm I started throwing it in. I stayed up all night and into the morning installing it. In all honesty there were one or 2 things I needed clarification on exactely where a part went, but It was all in the instructions that were included and my clarification came almost instantly not just from FS, but FS supporters as well from the forums in the middle of the night

After it was all said and done, I drove the car for the first time and just barely hit boost and I got scared and stepped off the pedal. Let me tell you, when your car sounds like there's a v6 under the hood but your car only ways 2700 pounds, it's a scary feeling at first. Now I track my car over the weekends, and after 15k miles with the kit, it's running as strong as ever, on a stock ATX as well!

The 5 star Customer Service alone was very instrumental in my decision to go with this kit. FS is always around when I need them, morning and night, weekday or weekend, There's always someone to answer my inquiries when I need them most. Not to mention, when I need something differently tuned with my car, BAM there it is usually the next day if not within a couple hours. I don't think anyone else can offer that in the market, but correct me if I'm wrong please.

From the perfectly thought out "stock" look of my engine bay, to the eye-opening track times of the fastest focus in jacksonville N.C. This kit and the customer service is top notch and well worth the price you pay.

#20 ·
kit name:focussport stage 2 turbo, duratec
cost rating 1-10:10
support rating 1-10:10
quality rating 1-10: 10
price:$4000
comments: well put together kit with exceptional hard parts, and awesome
software support. cant wait to build bottom end to see full potential of kit.
great low-profile under hood look, and zero issues even under hard track conditions.

#21 ·
Kit Name: FocusSport Stage 2 Turbo Kit
Support Rating 1-10: 10 x infinity, lol
Price: $4000 (depends on if you buy accessories)
Comments: Superb support, options and upgradeable...

#22 ·
Kit Name: Roush turbo with some tweaking (type rs bov, blowthrough, new wg spring, Toms tune)

Cost Rating 1-10: i bought it used so my price is a 10:)

Support Rating 1-10: 10 i never had to call them, good instructions also

Quality Rating 1-10: 8 they could have done what i done to it from factory

Price: $2400 including my changes on the kit and then i had the dyno tune added on to that:)

Comments: makes great power i love driving the car and it makes the jrsc bbk look like a piece, lol. i am addicted to turbos now and cant wait to build my motor and make my car feel like it is getting hit my a semi, lol!

#23 ·
NOT ON LIST

Kit Name: Blaast Performance stage 1 Zetec Turbo Kit

Cost Rating 1-10: 10 (probably the cheapest)

Support Rating 1-10: 7

Quality Rating 1-10: ? ( dont know yet ive only had it on for about 1k miles)

Price: $2700(before upgrades i think). $3070(after bigger turbo and extras)

Comments: i dont know if the kit was a good deal. i havent had it long enough. i dont know if the install was as big of a headache as the mechanic made it seem. i believe alot of the problems were due to the mechanic. althought were there were several issues. shipping was extremely slow. wrong MAF was sent and caused a problem but i just went and bought an IAT sensor and they reimbursed me fixing the problem. i wasnt happy with the fact that there was no mention of deleting the AC until after it was being installed. I do like the fact that the kit came with a driveable tune supposedly from steeda and the car is a beast now! still wanna get it tuned by Tom to REALLY get it movin.
Dan

#24 · (Edited)
Kit Name: PowerWorks Supercharger
Support Rating 1-10: 2
Quality Rating 1-10: Not Sure Yet but leaning toward a low score
Price: Big $(Optional)
Comments: Having major problems getting any help from PowerWorks. 15 messages and no return calls. Professionally installed, bad flash by PW. Having it custom tuned myself. Sent email to Mahle and no response.

*update*
Comments: Custom tune done by Fast Specialties which works amazingly well...196 FWHP/185 TQ with an automatic!!! Very fun car now...

#25 ·
Kit Name: Focus Power
Price: $5000?
Comments: Installed at 85,000 miles, currently has 99,000 miles. Been through several upgrades, started life as pull thru MAF, changed to blow thru MAF (much better!), uses SCT Pro Racer package which haas allowed my tuning of the lower end drivability stuff. Run it at 10# ... could it go higher ... probably but I wanted a reliable daily driver that had some omph when I wanted to go and that is what I have. Been on for 3 years?

Attachments

#26 ·
Kit name: Custom C-2 Procharger w/ FMIC
Support rating 1-10: 9
Price: things are expensive when you go custom
Comments: I loved the kit for what it was and everything that i went through with it. It really screamed and never failed to amaze people either when just pulling up or blowing by there V8. If your going to go with a procharger put a FMIC on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.