Focus Fanatics Forum banner

installing double din radio in 02 zx3

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  focus7222 
#1 ·
he guys, i have found where i can get a double din in dash dvd player for 100 bucks..... problem is, 2002 isnt a double din it is a "1.8"....

what i want to know is how hard is it to convert it to double din, does anyone have pics or have they done it themselves? i am open to doing any mods i can, for a radio that cheap, i figure it would be worth a shot...

#2 ·
look in my photos...i took off the big black plastic thing that holds the raido, a/c knobs etc together. there is a lip on the top and bottom where the radio goes in. i got a razor blade and took those off. actually my brother did it for me while i went to work that night. be careful though. he slipped and cut his thumb pretty bad. once you do that pop it back in and toss the radio in. its a tight fit but i got it in...im sure someone here will pop in who did a nice clean mount. i just wanted it in but i believe you have to have a kit from an explorer or something...ill be corrected in later post...hope you get it in..good luck!!!

#4 ·
yeah...mine is just sitting in the dash...it was such a tight fit that it doesnt move at all...ive seen someone on here use a dash kit though...i dont know how they got it all to fit but they did and it looks real nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.