Focus Fanatics Forum banner

AutoCross

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Carrera26 
#1 ·
Im looking into some entry level Autocrossing, I live in Delray beach, florida, near Moroso Motorsports park (which i believe holds autocrossing), and im pretty clueless as to how i go about getting involved.

any experienced Crossers available to talk to?

#4 ·
Moved to "Racing, Rally & Autocross"...

First off....
[welcome] to the wonderful world of AutoCrossing! [:D]

Second off...
I encourage you to read the extremely informative "stickies" we have at the top of this forum area.
Or, easier yet...
The Who's Who of Focus Autocrossers
A Novice Guide to Autocross
Allowable Mods by Class (Autocross)

Some quick suggestions off the top of my head for a "noob" to AutoCrossing:
1) Read the above threads. [;)]
Pay special attention to the "technical inspection" you'll go through before it's time to put the pedal to the metal.

2) Above all else, have FUN!!!

3) Don't get your expectations up in the clouds. (We all had to start somewhere)
This is an extremely technical sport.
Talk to folks that have done it a while.
You'll find more often than not, everyone's willing to chat with you and pass on many years of learned driving experience.

4) Don't worry about "mods" (suspension/engine/appearance)...
Run what ya brung, till you can't get anymore out of it.
At that time, you'll know instinctively what you need to change.

I will say though, good tires are a must.
Not race tires per say, but you don't want to head out on bald all-season tires with the cords showing. [eek]

#5 ·
I think i would have been better off IF my all season Fusions were bald....those things slip and slide like they are on greased glass.Tires are of utmost importance.Autocross is the most fun I have had since playing with cars,and that includes YEARS of drag racing.My goal is to make my last lap my best[driving]

#8 ·
Welcome to the fold, brother!
There's always room for a new conehead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.