Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Back From The Strip

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  viney266 
#1 ·
Ashley and I decided to go to the strip today. We went to Mason Dixon dragway. They were having a T&T day.
This was only my second time drag racing.

Last time, my best time was 16.61.

The only thing we have done to the car since last time is remove the back seats, and spare tire and jack.

This time, my best was 16.21. It's a lot better than last time! I'm still not driving it perfectly. I really need to get my 60 ft times down!!
I'll post up some slips later(dig. camera needs charged up).

We really had a blast! The only problem was the fact that we were the only Focus there! That really sucked!

#3 ·
We only have one Focus. It's both ours.

My fav moment of the day was a 350Z came rolling in. God, I couldn't stop staring at that thing.

Aaron didn't think it would run that good.

It ran a 13.6.

#4 ·
i didnt know if you both had a focus or if you shared, but sharing is cool. (unless its my focus, lol) me and my fiance share my focus. (by the way she registered here and is posting a little under the screenname housecat4ever)

whats up with you and the 350z? yeah, 13.6 is nice. better then what i would have guessed. by the way, where i work, there are 2 350z's. just thought you would like to know....

#5 ·
i dont think they are all that great, id rather a Mach1.... i think they are around the same price anyway......... i bet your having the same problems i think i was having......... TRACTION, stupid stock tires spin all the time while im accelerating, i dont even need to drop the clutch to spin them, just give it some gas[8]

#11 ·
There was this older CRX there that ran a 13.9 I think.

Also a old Turbo Supra that ran a 12.7.

There was also 2 Buick Grand Nationals that I drooled over too.

#18 ·
A good set of tires, even something better than stock will put you in the 15's, I know I am changing mine out soon, good tires can be a couple tenths, even on slower cars like foci, on something like a mustang it can be as much as a full second, but usually at least 5 tenths...Glad to see you are improving!

#19 ·
Yeah. The stock tires suck. I know that's one thing doin it too.

Like to see someone selling a good set of drag radials in here............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.