Focus Fanatics Forum banner

First track run with my ST

3K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  FocusFreak87 
#1 ·
ok well here are a few facts about the track closest to me...

1. A perfect reaction time there is a .500.
2. It's an 1/8 mile track.... thats all you should need to know to understand my races.

First race was against my friend who was talking BIG saying his Matrix XRS is so fast.. and that his BEST time with GREAT traction was a 10.5. I went to the line, went to take off and the damn traction control was on and I didn't have a chance to turn it off until after 2ND gear... He won and I ran a 11.4 because of the traction control and it WAS my first time. I also told him to somewhat take it easy on me because it was my first time but he said no and he ran a 10.9.

Second time I raced my friend again and had traction control off. I launched easy and ran a 10.8 and beat my friend who ran a 10.9 again. He said I won because he took it easy on me... I am like be a man and admit you lost... because he said he didn't take it easy the first time but he did the second time and he ran a 10.9 both times... he is the kinda person who is a know it all and he is 24 I think.

Third race was against a random person, I think he was in a Mazda 626 but it was a coupe and and it was bit older... I ran a 10.5 with no traction whatsoever and I had to shift early because I had a LOT of axle hop. I won... YAY!!!! A guy with an EVO8 said to me that if I coulda got traction and didn't have to shift early I could have ran a 10 flat easily.

Last race was once again against my friend and he won... thats for sure... I ran a 15.0 because I accidently didn't drop the e-brake all the way.

Thought I would share my races with you all. Oh and I say my friend but he is such a wuss he can never admit he lost, he ALWAYS has an excuse. I mean my car is fully loaded and is much faster than his and his car is better... and he bought it used according to him... I really don't consider him my friend... just somebody I know.

See less See more
#10 ·
And his car is ok... it is just the basic Matrix but a little faster than the lower end ones... it is like an SE focus so that should give you an idea... it is not fast and it is nothing as nice as an ST.

#14 ·
although beat is kinda subjective, I mean it was only an 1/8 mile track. But it should be a driver's race. I don't know how the matrix's top end is though, but I believe you could and did beat the car.

#18 ·
sharon5384 said:
and that could be wrong too... that site says that an ST runs a 16.1 which is a little on the slow seide and I know it could do a little better.
motortrend ran a 15.7 in our car, but they get really fast times out of every car they test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.