Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ford Dealer recommends replacing My newly installed tie rod ends
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Honda5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 308849
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

Points 22, Level 1
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Honda5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Dealer recommends replacing My newly installed tie rod ends

I am just curious if anyone has had a similar experience or can tell me why a Ford dealer would recommend this.

I have a 2013 Ford Focus 2.0L. It has 75K, it was vibrating bad. I changed the CV axles, motor mounts,brakes and outer tie rod ends. I had it aligned. It feels great.

One week later, I took it to the dealer for recall on the slight shudder. I also asked if they could pop in one of the dust covers for the brake caliper (I lost in the brake job).

At 1:30 they said they had reprogrammed the transmission, but the technician recommends I replace Loose tie rod ends and balance. They would be glad to do the work for $530.00.

They tie rod end job was not difficult. I put them on. Moog parts. I tightened them down, castlenut and kotter pin. Greased the fitting and had it aligned. The alignment people didn't say anything was up.

I explained the parts are brand new. They had no comment. What's up? I will be lifting the car up tomorrow to check again (it's outta town right now). But I'm pretty surprised they would say this.

Should I take it back to the alignment people and ask them to verify or should I just verify my work with a lift and shaking the tire?

Thanks for advice.