Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Revving ????

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  bruinsh 
#1 ·
I have a simple question.

First, yes my focus is obviously hooked up, 17" wheels , a carbon hood, lowered. Okay I understand that

Now to the question. I am in Hagerstown on Easter Sunday to visit friends, in HEAVY stop and go traffic in town in a 25 MPH zone. This guy in a neon revs at me 3 seperate times IN TRAFFIC. So what he he trying to say? I'm not gettin' it junior, wanna race in stop and go traffic? What gives?

I am not opposed to alittle goofing off, but what was this guy thinking? Help me out. Just another clueless idiot?...believe me, I would have loved to have had an empty light and some clear road to dust this tool, but what was he thinking?

#3 ·
Haha, I had some guy in G35 do the same thing to me.....I just stared at him with a WTF look on my face then pointed ahead at all the cars in front of us like "you dumb ass" [hihi]

I have no idea what the intention is when people do that but have a theory:

I think that something inside tells them that you are not going to race them in that situation right, but if they "issue you a challenge" by revving on you and you don't bite then it's a victory in their pathetic minds. Sometimes I play back (knowing I shouldn't, lol) and when the light turns green watch them make an ass out of themselves by racing.....noone [thumb]

#4 ·
i agree with whole play with them thing. I would rev right back and act like i'm gunna race, then when the light turns green, let him blow by you and rear end the car in front of him, while you wait at the line. Then he'll feel good about himself and you can get a good laugh.

#8 ·
well with the price of premium at about $3 bones a GL rest assured that I will curb my rev happy ways in an effort to be more fuel efficient [:D]

#9 ·
I had a riced out corolla (yellow, big wing, fart can etc) rev at me one morning on my way into work. Similar situation, couldn't get up to 35mph even if I wanted to.

I revved back at him, and the look his buddy in the passenger gave was priceless... Apparently I won the 'rev contest'. Heck, I didn't even get a chance to hit the purge button...

That Toyota just kinda fell back and dissappeared into traffic. I could have sworn I heard the faint sound of a kicked puppy whining...

#10 ·
Stupid kids rev even if they dont want to race. They might have been just trying to impress you with their exhaust........neon......yeah right, but its a possiblity. I get revved at all the time, and if I decide to rev back, I always win the rev contest....lol.

#11 ·
Maybe you guys are right, he was just trying to impress me with the awesome tone of his manly fartcan... It sure did sound better than my Borla, and much sweeter than my titanium muzzy on my bike... Man, it sounded better than most drag cars I"ve heard at the strip..

The power of....RICE

#12 ·
yeah neons have a high tendency of doing this..they wana be the older bro srt-4..but dont come close.. they were probably trying to show off..but they might (dont know the situation) have wanted you to slow up a bit and get some room up a head and have a tq. race..
i have dont that before.. in traffic, seen a civic that revved at me, so we were side by side waited till there was like 100 feet in fron of us ( and just went from top of first thru mid 2nd)
that might have been what he wanted. but most likely to show that he was a BAMF

#16 ·
I had someone screw with me in a parking structure tonight tonight and he hit a cement pillar casue we were on the second level... I was laughing so hard I was crying.[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [hihi] [hihi] [hihi] [hihi] [hihi] [hihi] [hah] [hah] [hah] [hah] [hah]

IDIOTS[rolleyes]

#21 ·
revving

i know how you all feel about the revving thing. for as long as i can remember it's the biggest thing here where i live, i have gotten it from a neon behind be, a 350Z with exhaust going in the other direction, a scion in the turning lane and i am going straight... i was like WTF!!!!!!! some kid at my daughters school in a turbo integra/w bolw off valve... in the school parking lot, lmao at him. just keeps getting better[???:)]

#22 ·
My favorite is the ricer fly-by in traffic. They give you the stare, then slow down to hang off your rear bumper, and then "zoom" past as best they can to tailgate the car in front of them. [8]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.